Thursday, October 21, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Guess what I'm doing in November?






I just registered today and I am sooooo excited!!!

NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. The challenge is to write 50,000 words—a 175-page novel in 30 days. Um... that's an average of 1667 words per day. WOW!

It is unedited writing (save the editing for December!) and is supposed to be a novel from scratch, but whatever. I’m going to use NanoWrimo to FINISH the novel I started in September. Or at least I’m going to try.

Will def be a gihugic challenge, but I’ll be writing. Which I absolutely, positively love to do. And last year I used a similar program to finish my most recent novel.

So who’s with me? If you need more info or if you want to register, click here.

Come on. Check it out! Who knows… you could just be the next fresh-off-the-presses debut novelist!

5 comments:

  1. Robin Jones GoodhartOctober 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM

    Loving the word "gihugic"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to do NaNoWriMo to try to finish my novel too. Not sure if I'll be able to make the time, since the baby's decided she no longer wants to sleep at night, but it's worth a shot.

    Here's the link to my page if you want to buddy me: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/437777

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for my 3rd NaNo win! I am starting a fresh novel. Trying to practice writing a new genre (for me). I am excited too! I am 'janflora' there if anyone needs another buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the book Alison! I'm doing PiBoldMo. Good luck with NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great meeting you this weekend too!! Let's hook up for Nano! Amstrent :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!