My children are making their Thankful Turkeys today. We trace our feet for the body, our hands for the feathers. We glue it all together, attach some googlies for the eyes, make a funny face—totally fun and adorable.
And on each feather, we write what we are thankful for. And it will look something like this…
Soooo I thought I'd make one too. And share what I've been thankful for - you know - through my funky adventures in writing...
1) GOD – for the gifts He’s given me. Seriously could do no-thing without the Big Guy.
2) My husband – who reads EVERYTHING I write – even the crap. He must really love me.
3) My kids – who deal with mommy disappearing for a few hours (to write). And they’re just so stinkin’ cute! I'm so blessed.
4) My “day job” – so that I can somewhat afford to go to writers conferences. And the "job" perpetually feeds me goodies for my novels.
5) My friends and family – I have never experienced such tremendo support - especially from the most unexpected places.
6) My beta readers – seriously don’t know what I’d do without the Rickis, Annies, and Pollys of the world. And the Tevins. And Ambers. And… okay there’s a LOT of you.
7) My students – the good, the bad, the indifferent. The athletes, the brains, the princesses, the criminals, the basket cases – YOU are my muse – it is my personal goal to write stories based on every single one of you - all 1800 hundred of you. Oy.
8) Vacation time – so I can write (duh).
9) The ability to only need five hours of sleep a night (thank you, coffee).
10) My faithful blog readers – I heart you – and a contest for you is imminent – tune in Sunday.
There's a lot more, but, well, I only have ten feathers (ahem... fingers).
Hee. I feel like I just wrote an Acknowledgments section. One I’m going to revisit every time I’m in one of my “the world’s conspiring against me” moods.
So, fab blog readers, what are you thankful for?