Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh, The Places You'll Go

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on their own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic, and then participate too!



This week's topic:

If you could live within the universe of one book, which would you choose?

Really. You mean I have to choose ONE?

Well, I really would like to live in Nyx's Otherworld (House of Night). Heath gets to fish, play football with all kinds of former greats, pretty much relax and do the things he enjoyed doing when he was alive. Unfortunately, if I lived there, that would mean I would have to die and well... I'm just not ready to do that. Still seems pretty cool though.

So I'll choose a galaxy far, far away, particularly in the forest of Endor. Ewoks are too cute and maybe they'll befriend and take care of me like they did Princess Leia.

But since Star Wars isn't tecnically a book (well, not till after the movie), I'll be oh-so-original and choose Harry Potter. Because I would really love to live in his magical world - to have a wand and apparate where I please - amazing.

Soooo... how about YOU blog readers?

What book universe would you choose?

20 comments:

  1. Why couldn't you choose Star Wars? There are books about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Endor would be a cute place to live! And how cool would it be to meet Wicket?

    Good point about being able to apparate! That would be such a handy ability. Yet another reason to choose the lovely wizarding world of Harry Potter :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of worse places to live than Hogwarts. I just hope they don't put me in Slitherin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good. HP is a great choice. I would love to magically clean my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! My husband would totally choose to live in a galaxy far, far away too. But my vote's for Harry Potter's magical universe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd probably lean toward distant galaxies, even over Hogwarts, though it's a close call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just watch out for that thing in the tree on Endor--remember the cute little fuzzy thing that was actually bait for the big scary monster hiding in the tree?

    Otherwise, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ewoks--so can I join you in the forest of Endor?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'd pick Harry Potter over Star Wars if for nothing else than enchanted candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter land is too scary for me. And people still chase and try to kill you in Star Wars. . .And since the only books I ever tend to read are Nicholas Sparks books, um, I'll live in one of those. Wait a minute! I already live in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Gilgamesh in the Outback," a novella from the Heroes and Hell series of books.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh_in_the_Outback
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_in_Hell

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I missed the part about one book....like three extra times...lol

    http://howlynntime.blogspot.com/2011/01/if-you-could-live-in-any-worldya.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Alison! Thank you so much for following me :) I'm a new follower to your blog, too. I think the HP world is a splendid choice, as is Endor! I'll have to give this some careful, careful thought before I answer, though. There are just so many universes that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have to choose Harry Potter.

    My answer to FF: in school I liked JROTC and English!
    I’m hopping by from Follow Friday I’m following you and would love if you follow me too! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower! Check out my blog when you get the chance? :)

    http://bethebooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like 90% of the answers, i'd choose to live in the Harry Potter realm :) haha!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping by to return the visit and follow! I feel weird because the first fictional universe I thought of that I'd want to live in was the Hunger Games, which is this horrific dystopia. All the reading, it's getting to me... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such an awesome topic ;) I would choose the universe of The Rune Lords. People can have exceptional abilities, but they come at a price.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I am with you, I would choose the world of Harry Potter. My other choice might be Tortall in Tamora Pierce's books--I love her books and her characters--it might be nice to meet them! Great question. Thanks for dropping by my blog for the Friday Follow. I am now following too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! I'm a new follower! Check me out at www.phaedrashowandtell.blogspot.com
    p.s. Harry Potter sounds amazing! I've ALWAYS wanted a wand!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!