Since we're about three weeks into the new year, I thought I'd share my Writer-ly Goals - you know - stuff I'd like to accomplish. And at the end of the year, I'll revisit... and see how far off I was. Hee. Just kidding.
1) Query current project aka TAYLOR (well, that's its nickname - real title to be disclosed if said book ever hits the shelves)
2) Finish my current project aka STING (again not the real title - not sharing that one because I'm afraid somebody might steal it - yep... it's that good. haha)
3) Start a new project (okay I already wrote half the first chapter) and maybe, just maybe finish that one. Alias? LUCAS - and no, not Star Wars related.
4) Finish my fun book (sequel to one of my first projects)
5) Post an average of three blogs a week
6) Exercise at least five times a week - how is this "writer-ly"? Well, exercise is just so mind-opening. I resolve a lot of plot issues while I'm on the elliptical. And - bonus - I may just be able to sport my bikini again.
7) Read 100 books. Yes. ONE HUNDRED. Believe it or not, this one's the most doable. I read on average 2-3 books a week (usually the latter)
Okay - so I set lofty goals. But as I preach to my students: Set the bar high. Even if you fall a little short, you've still accomplished mucho.
So... what are some of YOUR goals for 2011?