Wednesday, February 9, 2011

RTW: Best Couple


Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on their own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's topic:

Who are your favorite literary couples?
You know -- the ones you like by themselves, but LOVE together!


Hmmmm. Well, definitely not as difficult to answer as the last several, but still a tie, IMHO.


1) Katniss and Peeta (The Hunger Games)

2) Zoey Redbird and Heath Luck (House of Night)

WHY?

Two words - unconditional love

I shall redirect you to an earlier post of mine - Team Peeta - should explain it more!

So how about you, blog readers? Who's your fav literary couple?

17 comments:

  1. I'm still clinging to my Team Gale leanings. LOL I haven't read House of Night though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unconditional love is a very good reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know House of Night, but I'll add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your reasoning, even though I'm team Gale also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... Katniss and Peeta... why didn't I think of them?! And I love your reasoning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 Peeta. I'm definately not a team Gale player. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Katniss and Peeta! I looooooved your Team Peeta post too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Gale girl, but I still like your choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane Eyre & Edward Rochester, because Jane is completely devoted in her refusal to compromise herself for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I love Katniss and Peeta. I'm also a lifelong Team Peeta member. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have only read the first book in the Hunger Games series, so I'm undecided as to the whole Peeta vs. Gale thing. Maybe I should finish the series so I don't feel so out of the loop. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always liked Peeta over Gale. He was so much more willing to put Katniss above everything, including himself. Gale was more concerned with revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaime and Landon in A Walk to Remember. Good girl and bad boy equals very, very good love story :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huh. Favorite couple. Not sure I have an answer to that one. But you've got my wheels spinning. :)
    And,
    The winners in my 100 follower book giveaway contest are announced on my blog today - AND there are CUPCAKES for everyone!! Thanks for participating.
    www.margokelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peeta and Katniss are amazing and up there on my list of literary couples. Once Peeta was introduced, Gale flew out that picture and I didn't look back.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh. I've always been Team Peeta! :)

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    Hooked to Books

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!