Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Utopia


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's writers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.



This Week's Topic:

Which book character would you like most as a next door neighbour?

Wellll...

I would live in a five-house cul-de-sac. And I would live right next to...

The Weasleys. Hello - between Fred and George, Molly and Ron - infinite entertainment.

And for the same reason, Tiny Cooper (Will Grayson fame) would live directly across from me. If laughter is truly the best medicine for my freakoid depressionism, then I would be eternally cured from just one day with Tiny.

Next to Tiny - Jessica Gaither from The DUFF. Since my snark-o-meter rivals Bianca's, I need a constant dose of her naive optimism to douse my negativity.

And finally, on the other side of me - Han Solo - because every girl needs a swashbuckling scoundrel in her life.

So that's my imaginary world! Come on - if you lived near those guys, wouldn't you like to be MY neighbor?!

(sigh)

Okay - enough of my dreamscape - what character would be YOUR ultimate neighbor?!

15 comments:

  1. LOL - I will send all garden gnomes your way - that neighborly activity of just sending them to neighbors gardens was my no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, your neighborhood sounds crazy. Need a roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that's an awesome neighborhood you built! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoo ha! This is not your grandmother's planned and gated community! Sounds like a serious block party going on there...I'll stop by (and bring the Lovegoods from up the road)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to live in your neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I move to your neighborhood? Or maybe just house sit if you go on vacay? It'd be awesome to live next door to Fred and George especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you built a whole neighborhood. It sounds like an inviting (and chaotic!) cul-de-sac. Also, great reasoning for wanting Jessica there! It's nice to have an optimist around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiny Cooper, everyone needs a little Tiny in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two words: Knitted. Jumper. Every Christmas would be a blast with the Weasleys! They're getting a lot of lovin' today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with every choice! I love, no, I *appreciate* Tiny Cooper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could have some pretty amazing neighborhood cook-outs with that group! I picked the Weasleys too, so clearly we are equally brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the neighbourhood. I think I would add Dimitri (Vampire Academy) to the mix for a bit of eye candy (in my mind's eye he looks like Ben Barnes).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man. That's a fantastic combination of neighbours. I'm moving in too :-)

    Although while I love the Weasleys, there's the garden gnomes and the ghoul and Fred and George's perpetual antics to contend with. I don't know if I'd get much sleep. Maybe get them to make you some kind of peaceful charm for when you want a rest?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome choices! I think I'd like to live in your neighborhood as well...although, I may not qualify as I'm not witty enough :)

    Is that house really the Weasley's? Because the first thing I thought of when I saw it, before reading your post, was that it was their house. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I choose Jason Bourne for the same reason people like having a cop for a neighbor.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!