A couple months ago I joined a book club—I know, I know! Like I need something else on my plate! But I figured, I love reading. I love to talk about books. Eh…why not, right?
Holy Beautifully Brilliant Bookanistas
Yep—Book Club really is that fabulous.
Here are seven things I completely heart about Book Club
1) The food—it’s like dinner on the Julia Childs’ show. A mini-meal compliments of Super Chefs-R-US. Desserts rivaling Martha Stewart. Even the wine’s divine. Yeah—my new book club friends are so going to regret letting me in their group when it’s my turn to host.
2) The book discussion—enlightening, informative, engaging. It’s an interactive Good Reads. Love it.
3) Three hours of “me” time. Enough said.
4) The non-book-related tangents. Hi-larious. I think I snort more in those three hours than I do in a month.
5) The ladies—my new book club friends—they’re beautiful, sparkling, vivacious people and I’m so glad to know them.
6) Have I mentioned the food? Mmmmm…
7) And finally…I love book club because it gets me to read books I wouldn’t ordinarily read. And not just any books—prodigiously fantastic books. Normally I read a ton of YA with a sprinkling of James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks. Thanks to Book Club, I’m now a Jodi Picoult fan. And The Help—eve-ry-one should read that book. Probably one of the most well-crafted, beautiful, omg-hilarious stories I’ve ever read.
And this month we’re reading Room—can’t wait!
So there’s my B-post. Book Clubs—everyone should have Book Club Buddies. How about you? Do YOU belong to a Book Club?