Monday, June 27, 2011

Shivering With An-tic-i-



-pation!!!

Now that I've left you with that pleasant Monday morning thought, let me gush about what I CANNOT WAIT FOR!!!

1) My kids! Grandma stole them for five days so the hubs and I could get away for the weekend. I've left my kids for a few days here and there, but they've NEVER been on a vacation (like, gone somewhere) without me. I'm suffering LEGO withdrawls. I'm even excited about rolling eyes and huffs every five seconds. I miss them. Hurry up, tomorrow. Please?

2) Saturday I leave for the beach. For a week.



Enough said.

3) Anyone else dying for July 15 to get here?!



4) August 16!

No, I don't want my summer to end, but August 16-18 are the dates for Writeoncon, an online writing conference through which you can learn A LOT from agents, editors, authors. There will be opportunities to network with other writers AND get your work critiqued! Very exciting!

5) September 5!

Release date for Kody Keplinger's newest novel. It's a day before my birthday (which - PS - not looking forward to) so uh...I know what I'm getting. Un-le-ss someone has an ARC they'd love to send me. *winks*

Anyhoo, here's the blurb...



Most high school sports teams have rivalries with other schools. At Hamilton High, it's a civil war: the football team versus the soccer team. And for her part,Lissa is sick of it. Her quarterback boyfriend, Randy, is always ditching her to go pick a fight with the soccer team or to prank their locker room. And on three separate occasions Randy's car has been egged while he and Lissa were inside, making out. She is done competing with a bunch of sweaty boys for her own boyfriend's attention.

Lissa decides to end the rivalry once and for all: She and the other players' girlfriends go on a hookup strike. The boys won't get any action from them until the football and soccer teams make peace. What they don't count on is a new sort of rivalry: an impossible girls-against-boys showdown that hinges on who will cave to their libidos first. And Lissa never sees her own sexual tension with the leader of the boys, Cash Sterling, coming.


Can you see WHY I can't wait for this book?!

And in case you didn't know, Kody Keplinger is author of THE DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend). Amazing. And she's nineteen. I wish I had a tenth of her brilliance.

6) Finally, I'm anticipating my climax. My book's climax. Things right now are HOT. Intense! There's tension, there's build-up. I'm getting so close to that moment of crisis after which everything will just explode into the most amazing book-gasm ever.

Okay, maybe not. But, I'm excited. After all, once I, er...my story achieves climax, resolution's just around the bend. And we all know how short that should be. Finish, and get out.

Ahem.

So, anything got YOU shivering with an-tic-i-pation?!

8 comments:

  1. July 15 cannot come soon enough. Oh, and I'm psyched for WriteOnCon. Since I work through the summer (oh how I envy kids' and teachers' summer vacation!) I don't care when it's over. It seems all the good stuff is at the end, though, so I'm hoping August will come quickly.

    Have so much fun with the kids tomorrow. Hopefully they weren't spoiled rotten with Grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a list! I'm definitely looking forward to HP. We already planned the day and time of the showing. Just need to get the tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great things to anticipate! Enjoy every minute.

    DH and I can't wait for HP, either. And before that we're taking the kids to a French-speaking city for the first time and I can't wait to see and hear their reactions. We've been practicing our French in anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. July needs to come already! I need to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have a kiddo-vacation!

    I'm so torn about Harry Potter... part of me is dying to watch it, but part of me is seriously depressed about the END of the series I've adored for more than ten years. *sob*

    I'm shivering with anticipation for my trip to Phoenix with my daughter in three weeks. We'll be visiting my parents and soaking up the sun for five whole days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. July 29 - Cowboys and Aliens!
    And whatever date my publisher lets me know they've accepted my second manuscript.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the vacay :) HP on the list,watching more movies than tele lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for SHUT OUT bc I love the premise so very, very much. Plus Kody's writing is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!