Friday, July 15, 2011

Last Day of the Contest!

Today is the last day of my blog-o-versary contest. I know. I'm sad too. But all good things have to come to an end. (Will not . . . will not bring up *sniff* HP)

Anyway, today is the last day to enter. You have until 11:59 EST tonight! I'll announce winners Saturday! Here's the deets recap on

THE CONTEST

I've read some pretty cool books lately, and I wanted to share some of them with you. Here's what could be on YOUR TBR plate:



















Or . . .OR you could just pick out your own book with a $15 Amazon gift certificate.

So yep - that's what's up for grabs! You could win one of eight books or an Amazon gift card. What do you have to do?

Comment.

Yep - that's it. Leave a comment. Every day you leave a comment this week (Sunday July 10 through Friday July 15), you get an entry in my contest. OOOH! And while you don't have to follow my blog, or tweet, or blog about my fab-o contest, I will give you extra entries if you do!

So here's the recap on the entry thing:

+1 for every day you comment

+2 if you're an old faithful (follower, that is) PS - let me know this. I AM forty and mucho forgetful.

+1 if you're a new follower

+3 if you tweet about the contest (leave a link in the comment one day please)

+5 if you blog about it or attach the contest news to your sidebar! (leave that linkage too!)

So enter away, peeps! Contest will run until Friday July 15 11:59 EST. I'll tally up entries and announce winners on Saturday.

Yay!

PS - GIHUGIC thank yous to all of you who blogged, tweeted, commented! I heart you. Thanks!

Oh - and as part of my blog-o-versary celebration, I'm posting some of my oldies, but goodies all week. In honor of my Team Ron-ness, here's a fave from January. Enjoy!



Team Peeta
(published January, 2011)

Ever read The Hunger Games? I’m a Survivor girl so the notion of twenty-four teens exiled to who-knows-where to form alliances and eventually compete against one another for an ultimate prize resonated with me. And while The Hunger Games tended to be a little more, er… um… gruesome than my fave reality TV series, I found myself immersed in the drama, the conflict. And I found myself pulling for my favorite contestant.

Peeta Mellark.

Yes - I rooted for him to win the hunger games. But more importantly, I wanted him to win the heart of Katniss Everdeen.

Because he’d already won mine.

From the moment Katniss details how Peeta, the baker’s son, purposefully burnt bread so she would have something to eat, I swooned. But not Katniss. She led him on. She wrestled with feelings for him and another. And I read through the series, the whole time screaming, “The choice is easy! Peeta’s the nice guy! Pick Peeta!”

But why? Why not her best friend Gale? Why should she pick Peeta?

Why did I?

Yeah—WHY do I fall hopelessly in love with the Peetas? Why do I whole-heartedly support Team Edward? Why do I suffer through yet another over-dramatized
House of Night for Heath? Or stand by Fang when all Max does is give him reason to fly away? I mean, gosh. They’re just book characters, right? How can I fall head over heels for a fictional character?

And then I realized… it’s what they represent. It’s what they provide.

Unconditional love.

Yep. They’re the Bruno Mars of fiction. The guys that would love their girl no matter what. No matter how many times they face rejection, hatred, other love interests. Their love is irrevocable. Peeta would die for Katniss. Would rather see her live and be happy. Heath Luck left any possibility of an eternity with Zoey so she could restore her shattered soul. Fang left so Maximum Ride could fulfill her destiny. And Edward always wanted Bella to be content. It’s an unwavering love. It’s not manipulative (ahem… Jacob). It’s not selfish. These guys would catch a grenade for the women they love. Would do anything so that they can be happy.

How can you NOT fall in love with THAT?

It's probably why unconditional love weaves a thread through my novels. And it is, without a doubt, why I am still hopelessly devoted to my husband whom I've been married to for sixteen years.

So yeah… nice guys may not finish first. Heck, they might not even finish second or third. But I stand by my conviction that they WILL be there at The End.



SO who are YOU? Team Edward? Team Peeta? Team Ron? Let me know in the comments and secure yourself an entry!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, I didn't make it yeasterday. Work. Work. And then went straight to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I've missed this all week (I've been under a rock, otherwise known as tedious editing). But I'm proud to be an old, faithful follower so that gets me +2!

    Happy Blogoversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Team Peeta all the way!!! Congrats on your blog-o-versary :) I'm going to go tweet it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, pretty. Clockwork Angel = pure love.

    Also Team Peeta, but only in the second and third books because Gale just happens to have that much more awesome in him.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!