Wednesday, September 7, 2011

RTW: Back in Time

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This Week's Topic:

What non-YA character would you love to see star in a YA book as themselves?


Don't ask (because I'm really not sure why), but the first adult character that popped into my mind was this guy




THAT would be hilarious!

But since this question probably wants to know what book character I would like to see star as themselves in a YA novel, and since the Carrie Diaries already has a home on shelves (STILL haven't read, PS), I would LOVE to see a book solely devoted to this fabulous lady




Insight into Molly Weasley as a teen Gryffindor? Here's what I picture: same hair, Hermione feistiness, George and Fred cunning, Ron wit, Ginny beauty...a definite force to be reckoned with. And I'd LOVE to read the Molly/Arthur romance! I can only imagine it would parallel the Ron and Hermione one.

How about YOU? What adult character would YOU like to glimpse back in time?

22 comments:

  1. That would be amazing to see a prequel that stars Molly in her Hogwarts years! You hit the nail on the head in your description of a teen Molly, and I'd so love to see that brought to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teenage Homer would be pretty funny.

    Also I'd love to see a teenage Molly Weasly. I can totally see her being feisty like Hermione and have a little trouble maker in her like Fred and George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never really thought about it, but I think you're right about Molly Weasley. She probably would be a combination of all the people you mentioned. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homer and the Weasleys. Good ones. Though I'm not sure they could manage to make the young Simpsons YA appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice in Molly Weasley, Alison! She's always been one of my favorite Harry Potter characters and I bet she was a trip as a teen. And wouldn't it be fun to see her meet Arthur and watch them fall in love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would SO read a book about teen Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying about Teen Homer and Teen Molly would be pretty awesome. Note to JKR - get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to teen Homer! That would be an incredible YA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homer FTW! But if we have to settle for Molly, I'll take it. Sounds so fun. I can't wait to see how she expands the stories of these characters over time (if she does!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fellow campaigner and RTW'er here=) I love the idea of seeing Molly as a teenager! Great idea=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly's definitely my choice. Just look at that image of her with the pointed finger and the, "Just you watch out!" expression on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Molly would be awesome! I actually chose Sirius, James, and Remus! I think any adult from HP young would be a fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with KT, a book/series about many of the adults in Harry Potter would be pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If we get to bed the rules (I thought it had to be from a non-YA novel) then I want Howl as a teen from Howl's Moving Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome choice. I wrote about teen Lily, but Molly would be equally interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I SO want the Molly Arthur love story! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agree with everyone else on Molly. I'd love to see a book on the teenage Mary Poppins - the book character NOT the Disney version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo, I would LOVE to read about Molly before she was Mrs. Weasley. Good choice! I don't think I'll get to this RTW since I'm on vacation, of sorts, but pretty much anyone from the Harry Potter universe would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE Molly.

    And yeah . . . Homer Simpson - I used to be addicted to that show.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally missed YA Highway yesterday because I was (of course) doing some revisions on my novel. I'm glad I haunted the day-old archives and read this one.

    Molly! My son memorized her screaming letter to Ron and acted it out for weeks.Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to see the dad on the Family Guy. I know, I;m a geek lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yeah, I tagged you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!