It's Friday Fives over at Paper Hangover! This week they want to know...
1) Allow myself to write crap. Inner editor off, mind spew ON.
2) Hashing out things aloud with critique partners or my husband or sometimes even myself.
3) Exercise—sometimes I just need to break from the screen and get out and get the feet moving. Many times this “break” gets the brain moving too.
4) Mountains of Twizzlers. Pounds of coffee. Often to keep myself wired and awake to write more. I find it hard to fall asleep while chewing a Twizzler. And I force myself not to think about how BIG my butt’s getting.
5) Allowing myself to break and let the subconscious do some work. But I keep myself armed with many post-its, you know, just in case.
And a few other things…
1) Have you heard about JESSICA LOVE’S NEWS?! Stop by her blog, um…NOW. :)
2) Tracey Neithercott’s hosting this wicked cool contest at Words On Paper. You could win books, a gift card, or this
3) I mightpossiblymaybeyeahmorethanlikely am going to midwinter ALA in Dallas. I've never been to an ALA convention before and I would get to see and spend time with some of my super awesome writer friends and get books and meet industry peeps and okay, EXCITED hardly covers this one. Anyone else going?!
4) Since I hail from Pennsylvania, I’ve always rooted for Penn State and Papa Joe and well, let’s say the incidents of the past few days have left me disheartened and disappointed. One of my dear friends from high school posted this, and I couldn’t resist sharing with the world.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. (Edmund Burke)
Gives you a lot to think about, doesn’t it?
5) And finally…
A huge THANK YOU to all veterans, past and present, who risk their lives and make sacrifices to defend our freedom. My husband's a former Marine, served in the Gulf War, and well, I'm super proud of and very thankful for him. Do make sure you thank a veteran today.
So, what's YOUR secret for getting to the end of your WIP? Got any news to share? Have YOU thanked a veteran today?!