Friday, November 25, 2011

Tangled Tides Celebration!

Let me tell you about this amazing book I just read.




Yara Jones doesn’t believe in sea monsters—until she becomes one.

When a hurricane hits her island home and she wakes up with fins, Yara finds herself tangled up in an underwater world of mysterious merfolk and secretive selkies. Both sides believe Yara can save them by fulfilling a broken promise and opening the sealed gateway to their realm, but they are battling over how it should be done. The selkies want to take her life. The merfolk want something far more precious.

Treygan, the stormy-eyed merman who turned Yara mer, will stop at nothing and sacrifice everything to protect his people—until he falls for Yara. The tides turn as Yara fights to save herself, hundreds of sea creatures, and the merman who has her heart. She could lose her soul in the process—or she might open the gateway to a love that’s deeper than the oceans.



I’ll be honest. I’ve never been a super huge fan of mermaids. I’d choose Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin than dive under the sea with Ariel, but Tangled Tides? Dude. I've officially become a merfolk fan. And I never learned SO MUCH about merpeople and sirens and gorgons and selkies and...GAH! The story is brilliant, so many intricate nuances that add so many layers of richness to the story, and Treygan? Hoo boy. I won’t spoil it for you, but I am a big sucker for unconditional love and I FELL HARD for one super sexy merman.

If you want gorgeous prose, hot mermen, an incredible love story, and steamy romance, read Tangled Tides, um...NOW.

And today’s Karen’s release day! I am soooo happy for her and want to wish her a super gihugic HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY! And I’m joining the celebration by fighting in the war--the underwater web war between the sea creatures!

Karen’s story contains battling merfolk, selkies, sirens and gorgons. She says she loves all of them, but she wants everyone else to choose a side, so…
I CHOOSE MERFOLK!




Wanna learn more or join in on the fun? Go check out the details at Karen’s blog: KarenAmandaHooper.com

Karen is giving away a signed copy of her book and some other sea creature themed prizes. To enter, join the underwater web war on Twitter. Tweet which sea creatures you’re rooting for and why. Include the hashtag #TangledTides and you could win.

Karen will be on Twitter all day celebrating and answering questions, so stop by and say hello. @Karen_Hooper

And definitely read this book. Trust me. You will never look at sea creatures the same way again. Heck. You might just fall in love with one!

Hope you have a super fabulous Black Friday! I'm off for a little shopping. You can shop too! Online. For Karen's amazing book. You can find Tangled Tides at


Amazon: http://amzn.com/1936850435
Rhemalda Bookstore http://tiny.cc/BuyTangledTides
Barnes & Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tangled-tides-karen-amanda-hooper/1035791101?ean=9781936850433&itm=1&usri=tangled%252btides

You can also find Karen on Goodreads!

12 comments:

  1. Super gihugic? :D That's bigger than I could have imagined! Thank you so much, Alison. I'm so happy that you liked my lil ol' book. :)

    And thanks so much for celebrating with me today. ♥

    *hand you a piece of cake and a mimosa*

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is the second blog I've read this morning on this book. I'm putting it on my Chrismukah list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds like one I would enjoy (hot merman? I´m there :-))..
    Thanks for the tip, it´s going on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not something I'd normally read but you've totally sold it to me, Santa's sack will be full of books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot mermen aside, I'm going with sirens, so I can fly (and sing). :)
    Happy Release Day, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mermaid stories! Can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Team Sirens, so we are so on opposing sides on this war. I hope we can still be friends. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd go Team Merfolk as well. :)

    Tangled Tides sounds fantastic. I love the cover, and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to Karen and her book Tangled Tides! I'm off the hook up with her on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison, thanks again for celebrating with me! The war was delightful! ;)
    I'll be announcing the results soon. Hope you had a wonderful holiday. *hugs*

    Read a sneak peek of TANGLED TIDES on Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great! I'm going to check it out. Not a big fan of mermaids either, but I have a feeling this one may change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I am the only Gorgon in this contest. Seriously. Why all the hate for the Gorgons??? Sad. *sniffle*

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!