Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Fun!

Happy Friday!

I'm feeling in the sharing mood, so I'll highlight some cool things that are going on in the blogosphere as well as in my life! Enjoy!

On Blogfests


DL Hammons, Katie Mills, Lydia Kang, and Nicole Ducleroir are hosting the Deja Vu Blogfest Friday December 16. A chance for you to showcase a favorite blog post or one that never received the exposure it should have. I'm in. So are over a hundred other people. You should totally sign up too! Click here for details.



And I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you about the super awesome blogfest I'm co-hosting with Tracey Neithercott, Jessica Love, and Katy Upperman! The Class of 2011 Superlatives blogfest is a chance to highlight your faves from the year with categories ranging from Best Dystopian to Biggest Flirt to Romance Most Worthy of an Ice Bath. It's going to be so much FUN!!! You can find out all the details here.


On Reading

Have you read The Future of Us yet?

It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail,his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future.
By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present.



DOES THAT NOT SOUND AMAZING?!?!?

Gosh, I want to GUSH about its awesomeness. The premise, the story,...EVERYTHING. If I didn't have life to contend with, I would have easily read it in one sitting. SO, so good. If I could give it twenty stars on good reads, I would. There's only one eensy-teensy issue I had with it - but I know it's just with me. More on that Monday.


On Writing and Revising


". . ."


Nope, nothing to report. I keep banging my brain against the same wall and feel this inane need to resolve certain plot elements before moving on. Hopefully after my Christmas break I'll have shattered said wall and post a more uplifting update.


On ME

Speaking of Christmas break...it's a week away. Seriously. Five school days stand between me and two weeks of quality family and writing time. So excited!





The Miller fam had Christmas pics taken the other night. Here are my babies (who are no longer babies *sniff*)







And...AND my super fabulous husband was FINALLY named Coach of the Year for our area. Personally, I think he should get this honor EVERY year, and no - I don't think I'm a bit biased. I am very proud of him and his boys. They lost a heartbreaker in the Eastern Finals, but had such a fantastic season!


And yes - that's the hubs with a red mohawk - LOVE.

Hope you have an AMAZING weekend!

11 comments:

  1. First off, thank you for the Blogfest mention! I'm really, REALLY looking forward to reading the re-posts and making friends with some new bloggers!

    Secondly, you have a really cute family...red mohawk included! Congrats to hubby!!

    Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red mohawk FTW! Love it.

    I'm banging my head against a revision wall--here's to breakthroughs in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really interesting concept for a book...getting a CD that loads up Facebook and allows them to see what happens to them in the future. I wish I could have gotten that, then maybe I'd make different decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Future of Us sounds awesome. I need to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your husband! I'm all signed up for DL's blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is your family?! Your hubs rocks that red mohawk. Love it.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable are your kiddos, and how cool is your husband! LOVE!

    I just finished THE FUTURE OF US the other day and I had such a blast reading it. The nineties references were so much fun, and Josh cracked me up more than once. Can't wait to read more about your thoughts on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Mr. Alison Miller! That's such an honor! And that book! It sounds so cool and good! Thanks for the suggestion. And you'll break that wall! Want a sledgehammer? *digs around in her purse* I know I've got one around here somwehere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, I love the mohawk!

    And that book sounds amazing. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for posting it here.

    See ya next week at the Deja Vu blogfest !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I was cool enough to have a red mohawk! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!