Today, K is for Kenzie, my super awesome fabulous daughter. She’s in seventh grade, facebooks way more than Mom, and loves to take pictures of herself. Wanna see?
Yes, she is taller than me. No, it's not right.
Kenzie (Kenz) is short for McKenzie which I don’t often call her unless it’s after I find countless juice boxes and goldfish bags in her room and then I’m screaming the classic never does any good except to summon a million eye rolls McKenzie Elyse Miller.
Her friends call her McKenzie. My brother calls her MacGyver, MacNamara, Macintosh. My son just calls her annoying.
Last year my A post was a shout out to my son Aidan so today, K day, my daughter gets one all to herself. And proud mama is just going to share
1) She’s well-rounded. The thing I feel most blessed with is that my daughter enjoys doing so many things, and that she can do them, and do them well. And while she’s not a rock star, she’s a pretty good soccer player, a most graceful dancer, she loves to help others, brings home As and Bs on the report card, is a pretty talented artist, and just enjoys doing so many different things.
2) The child reads more than I do. LOVE her for that.
3) She plays with her brother and (SHHHH)
4) She’s social, like her dad. Yet a little shy, like her mom. It’s kind of an awesome combination.
5) Her eye rolling rubs off on me. And then I give standard whatever look to my students when they’re being total boneheads.
6) She was almost as excited about The Hunger Games as I was. The bonding part of this (for me) was HUGE. I get to watch her shows with her and take her to Big Time Rush/One Direction concerts and pretend I’m all ho-hum about it when really I just want to get up and scream and dance too.
7) We laugh and sing and dance (like idiots) in the car until I swerve or miss my turn and then I have to go all crabby and parental on her.
8)I dyed my hair and it looks a little dark (black) and she’s been calling me Katy Perry (which I LOVE) and saying things like “Hey Katy Perry, where were you last Friday night?” or, pointing to her brother, “Hey Katy Perry, Aidan kissed a girl and he liked it.” And considering that Katy Perry is one of my favorite artists and
This pic is not evidence of the latest bottle job, but it's close enough.
9) We chat at night. She tells me about her day. I tell her about mine. Yeah, I know…awwwww.
PS - I could tell you other things and share pictures that would embarrass the snot out of her, but I’m saving the really good stuff for pages in her yearbook senior year.
10) She is so not perfect. And she’s sort of kind of okay with that. I was SUCH a perfectionist and was very
11) She's good at math, even though (trying not to cry) she hates it.
12) Yesterday she helped me Rock the Drop, took pictures when my camera died, came up with the wicked cool idea to put the book at the Shark Attack Wings store in the mouth of this guy.
Yes, we did put Divergent on a shark's tooth!
13) And while I don’t always like having to be the “bad guy,” I thoroughly enjoy my thirteen year old because she keeps me young. Yes, I embarrass her. Yes, she embarrasses me (have I mentioned the car dancing?) But man, we have a lot of fun.
So, do YOU have someone you want to brag about today? Go for it, in the comments. Happy Friday the 13th!