Monday, April 16, 2012

M is for May Blogging

I originally jumped in on the A-Z blogging challenge because my blog (my writing, everything) desperately needed rejuvenating. And I've been having so much fun, even more than last year, that I don't want it to end. So, I won't. In May, Sara McClung, Katy Upperman, Tracey Neithercott, Jessica Love, Alexandra Shostak, Cambria Dillon, Lola Sharp and I will be hosting



And we'd LOVE for you to join us.

The purpose: To get back in the habit of blogging regularly by following a weekly format for the month of May. (Or if you already post regularly, to have an easy schedule to follow without having to struggle with what to blog about.) (But if posting every day sounds like too much, or if you miss a few days, or only do a couple posts a week, who cares, yanno?)

What you DON'T have to do: Follow every blog that participates and comment on everyone's posts every day. This isn't a blogfest to gain followers--although maybe that will happen! And of course if you WANT to follow everyone, feel free :)

The schedule:

Mondays: MAY I tell you something about writing?

This can be anything writing-related. A post on craft. A post on your process. A snippet of your WIP, if you like to share. A book on craft that you want to recommend. Things you struggle with. Things you rock at. ANYTHING at all!

Tuesdays: MAY I tell you something about myself?

Pretty self-explanatory :) Share something about yourself that your follows might not know. Or maybe they do. It doesn't matter--this is just so people who read your blog can get to know you a little better.

Wednesdays: MAY I ask something about you?

Ask your followers something about themselves.

Thursdays: MAY I tell you something about someone else?

Make this post about someone else. A writing friend. A critique partner. A person from history who's fascinating. A character from a book. Anyone you want :) Have a guest poster. Give an interview. Get creative! Just let the spotlight shine on someone else.

Fridays: MAY I share something funny?

Fridays = the starts of weekends! BOOYA. Reason to celebrate and laugh on it's own--plus, who doesn't want to see something amusing after a long week?

Sound like fun? I think YES! If you want to join in, click here for Sara's post (she has the linky!), get some posts ready (or not - I usually wing it), get ready for some fun and rejuvenation, and blog me, MAYbe. I'll be blogging for YOU.

36 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun idea. I can't participate because it doesn't work with the post schedule Casey & I have at Literary Rambles. But I'll check out some of your posts and I follow Sara too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! I always look forward to my weekly stalk over at Literary Rambles. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Well, I reckon not this year. Maybe next. It does sound quite interesting, though. It is good to meet you, and I look forward to reading some of the entries. My best regards to you, Ruby aka Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly! Does this mean you'll be participating?! ;)

      Delete
  4. So, this is the wonderful blogfest idea you hinted at before :D Sounds like lots lots of fun! I'll definitely participate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am SO GLAD!!! I love reading your posts anyway and now I get to do it five days a week! :) You just made me smile - again.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to participate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of these blogfests. Hmm...I like the sound of the May one! Sooooo...yes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Part of the reason I blog in blog fests is to gain followers. So I'm not sure this particular fest would benefit me. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you can join in anyway!

      Delete
  8. Funnnn :) I'm excited for May now--specifically for blogging purposes, and it's been SO long since I've been excited for blogging. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! I love it. SO excited for May too!

      Delete
  9. Oh, I've got Thursdays down ;) But this looks like so much fun! *skips over to Sara's post*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am most curious about your Thursdays!

      Delete
  10. I'm in! What a great idea - and I could use plenty of those to keep my blogging going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I love that we're both back in the blogosphere more!

      Delete
  11. So looking forward to having some prompts for May! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I'm going to away for 2/3 of May, but I might jump in for the final chunk of the month. While A to Z has been challenging (having to write every day), I do find that it's nice to have some kind of direction for what I'll write on any given day. Your ideas for Monday to Friday are fantastic! Man, I wish every month could be like this. Well, and the beauty of it is that you don't have to take part in every single day. If you skip one of the A to Z days people might just think your alphabet is a little screwed up, or full of holes, or that you just don't know your alphabet in the first place lol :)

    Great idea, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can join in, Jaime! I love reading your posts!

      Delete
  13. I'm so looking forward to May and seeing what everyone comes up with for their posts. Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Katy. I think reading other people's posts will be the best part!

      Delete
  14. Hmm, what I like about A to Z is the blogging structure, and I don't have a May plan yet...but I know I won't blog every day...but you sound pretty flexible...okay, lemme think and MAYbe I'll join & at least commit to two of the days a week. I think it's a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about it - flexibility! Hope you can join in!

      Delete
  15. What a cool way to get back into blogging! Leave it to you gals to work out something like this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun! I'm totally in! I missed doing A-Z this year since I'm thick in revisions, but (hopefully) by May I'll be ready for some blogging rejuvenation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a great idea... but although I realise I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms from AtoZ I think my schedule on writing has slipped so I'd better not do this one. Hope to join you in future though.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!