Friday, April 20, 2012

Q is for Quotes That Keep Me Going



The other day I posted my list of NEVER quotes. Here are some others I have permanently tattooed on the brain. Enjoy.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. (James Dean)

Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him (Psalm 37:7)

It’s all about the climb (Miley Cyrus)

Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Claus. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams.
If you don't, who will?
(Jon Bon Jovi)

I go to seek a great perhaps (Fran├žois Rabelais)

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. (Ray Bradbury)

The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. (Sylvia Plath)

Don’t stop believing (Journey)

If I chance to talk a little wild, forgive me. (William Shakespeare)

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place. (Anonymous)

Never tell me the odds! (Han Solo)

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. (Vince Lombardi)

Write your first draft with your heart. Re-write with your head. ( From the movie Finding Forrester)

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. (Henry David Thoreau)

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. (Wayne Gretzky)

If you can dream it, you can do it. (Walt Disney)


Keep away from people who try to belittle your dreams. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great. (Mark Twain)

Whether you think you can, or think you can't,
you're probably right.
(Henry Ford)

Never, never, never, never give up. (Winston Churchill)


So? Do YOU have any quotes that "keep you going?"

9 comments:

  1. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

    I really need to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your quotes above, especially the one from Finding Forrester - one of my favorite movies! And of course, Journey is up there as well. :)

    Let's see, some of my favorites:

    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe

    “Do one thing everyday that scares you.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

    “It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.”
    ― E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

    “A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
    ― Marcus Tullius Cicero

    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

    What a great post to start off the weekend - happy Friday, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes, Alison. I'm a bit of a quote junkie too. Here are a couple of my favourites:

    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."
    -Winston Churchill

    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

    And tons of others :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those quotes and I really enjoy the ones Erin posted too :D
    Thanks for sharing, Alison and have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes!

    (Now I'd better go back to that WIP I had given up on...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've heard too many of these, but I love them all.
    Wonder where Francois Rebalais quote is from. Surely you didn't read it along with the quote "How will I ever get out of this labrynth?"... ;D
    (And yes, I know I should stop calling you Shirley...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "the past is never dead, it's not even the past"--by william faulkner---i enjoyed all of your quotes too

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last quote, the one by Churchill, is my mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these quotes, Alison. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!