Wednesday, April 11, 2012

RTW: I is for Images and Inspiration

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on their own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This Week's Topic:

What images inspire/ represent your WIP or favorite book?


What amazing timing for this prompt! First, it's I day. Second, this week I'm on spring break and staying at one of the places that most inspires my current WIP. Can you guess where I'm staying?







No, I'm not playing football with the cast of Friday Night Lights (although, wow, that might be pretty cool), but that image inspires my current WIP, as do the other two. I am at the beach (don't hate me too much - it's kind of chilly), and I've got a daily dose of inspiration for the WIP since a third of the scenes take place there. And inspiring it is. I wrote about 1700 new words yesterday and revised four other chapters - more work than I'd accomplished in the previous two weeks.

So, here's to images for inspiration. *clinks coffee mug* What images inspire YOUR WIP?

27 comments:

  1. Ooo... nice pictures! I hope you're having a great time at the beach, Alison! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colin! It's been most relaxing!

      Delete
  2. I love pictures of the ocean. I have two of my pictures up on my blog, too. :) Also, hello! I think this is the first time I've run across you via RTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I've been in and out of the RTWs lately. Slowly coming back. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't hate you at all, but boy am I jealous! I love the beach, and even if it's cold that looks like a beautiful, inspiring place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, Alison! Hope you're having a WONDERFUL time at the beach :D and congrats on getting so much work done :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope the progress continues! Thanks, Elodie!

      Delete
  5. Are you at the beach? Bah, I'm jealous LOL
    Great pics ;)
    Have a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love looking at these pics even when I'm not at the beach. I really need to make use of my Pintrest account. Hmmm.

      Delete
  6. Yay for your progress!! I'm so happy for you, Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll have more updates this weekend! Thanks, Sara!

      Delete
  7. Love the pictures! Glad to hear you're feeling inspired and got down to writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pictures---love the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't hate you, but I would like to go to the beach now after looking at that beautiful water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm looking at the water right now and want to jump in, but it's too cold. :)

      Delete
  10. So glad you're enjoying the beach, Alison, and I'm so glad you're working too! I'm looking forward to more time with JD, Dave, and Susan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to spend more time with them, too. Soon. :)

      Delete
  11. Oddly enough, I ended up having the cover for my current mystery designed really early, and it has an Irish Setter looking out of the cover. That intense look has continually inspired me to keep working on the book (a cozy mystery Paddy Plays in Dead Mule Swamp), and I'm almost done! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's awesome inspiration! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Yay for inspiring locales! Have a fun and productive trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been semi-productive (and very relaxing)so far.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Me too! I bet you get lots of sun and beach time out your way too. :)

      Delete
  14. Hmm, you're at the beach on spring break, but where? Since you put a Texas based TV show or film in there, I'd have to guess you're at South Padre Island. If not there, perhaps Corpus Christi or Galveston's Surfside.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!