Friday, May 18, 2012

BMM: Friday Fun


So, wonder where I’ve been? Yeah, me too. Alison really knows how to put the MAYBE in Blog me MAYbe.

Sorry. I could blame my non-existent blogging on my over-crazed schedule or my revisions or something, but I always blog through my insanity. I don't know...you ever get in one of those funks where you're so overwhelmed by everything that you just don't feel like doing ANYTHING? That's been me. Anyway, I’m back. Maybe. For today at least anyway. And since today’s Friday, the question is

May I share something funny?

I don’t have anything funny, but I do have something FUN. When I shared Sara’s Blog Me, MAYbe idea with my teenage daughter(still can’t believe I have one of those) and how the title came from the song, Call me Maybe, she started listening to the song all the time



Catchy, right? Yeah, that’ll be in your head all day.
.

And she immediately began drafting her own version of Call Me Maybe. She calls it Blog Me, Maybe. Here are the lyrics.


I threw a wish in a well

Don’t ask me I’ll never tell

I looked at your blog as it fell

And now it’s in my way

I’d trade my blog for a wish

Pennies and dimes for this

I wasn’t looking for glitz

And now it’s in my way

Those words were holdin’

Funny pictures, captions showin’

Witty titles, they were glowin’

Where you think you’re goin’ baby?

Hey, I just followed you

And this is crazy

But here’s my URL

So blog me, maybe?

It’s hard to look right

At this baby

But here’s my URL

So blog me maybe


Isn’t she awesome?! And…AND she sends me pics like this



I know, I know – you ALL want a daughter as awesome and cool and FUN as mine. Sorry, she’s taken.

What FUN do you have planned this weekend?!

12 comments:

  1. Tomorow, I'm finally getting a haircut. As for feeling overwhelemed...yeah, that's me. I've had my share of life's curve balls thrown at me lately. So its cool with me if you need a breek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I won't steal her because I have an awesome daughter too. I know what you mean about getting overwhelmed sometimes. Life is too crazy.

    I have lots of gardening to do this weekend. Maybe if I get it done, I can take a little break next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I am dying at the Darth Vader picture. LOLOLOL ROFL!!!!!! Thanks for that. Also your daughter's lyrics are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg hahahahaha those new lyrics are AWESOME. :)

    *hugs* regarding your crazy schedule and the not wanting to do anything phase! We all get those. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is amazing! Love that Darth Vader pic.

    Hope your schedule settles down; happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Your daughter is awesome, Alison! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! Your daughter is awesome. Tell her I will beatbox for her if she wants to record this as a hip-hop song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lyrics are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, so cute cute! What a gem, your daughter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get to spend this afternoon picking up trash at alumni weekend. At least I'm being paid for this. Yup. Fun times.

    I love the lyrics! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha great daughter--lots of birthday fun--still celebrating robyn's--and maybe big tommy's and youngest grand-daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, funny twist ending there on that vid! Cute post and lyrics. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!