MAY I tell you something about myself?
Today, I get to tell you something(s) about myself, and to do that I snagged this cool Tune Tuesday survey from the fabulous Katy Upperman,* answered it, and am now sharing the results with you!
1. What are your three favorite songs right now? What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction, Eyes Open by Taylor Swift (the Hunger Games version STILL gets me all choked up), and ALWAYS Don’t You Forget About Me by Simple Minds.
2. What is the most played song on your iTunes? Like a G6 by Far East Movement. I know—I was shocked too, but I play my clubbin’** music when I walk so I guess this is a good thing?
3. What song are you listening to right now? Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad by Def Leppard. I’ve had it on my WIP playlist forever, but it just really clicked as to how perfect this song is for my story. The answer to question #2 will change by June.
4. What was the last album you bought? Umm…like a real album? I think the last CD I bought was the Sex and the City soundtrack. I choreographed and performed a tap dance to Fergie’s Labels or Love for a talent show at my school. And yes, that’s all I will say about that.
5. What was the last concert you went to? Big Time Rush and One Direction. I so wanted to jump up and sing with my daughter and her bff, but I opted for not embarrassing my daughter on her thirteenth birthday and morphed into boring parent person for most of the show.
6. What was the first album you ever bought? Duran Duran’s Seven and the Ragged Tiger. In high school, The Reflex was one of my favorite songs, and I bought countless Tiger Beat magazines for pin ups of Simon le Bon (and C Thomas Howell and Ralph Macchio and…)
7. What was the last single you downloaded? We are Young by Fun. It’s top forty, but the music style transports me back three decades.
8. Favorite artist or band? Right now? Katy Perry. A consistent favorite? Journey.
9. What’s your favorite musical genre? Classic Rock. I like top forty too, but Def Leppard***? Van Halen? Journey? There’s something about the seventies and eighties that just screams, Come on, baby, light my fire.
10. Quote one of your favorite lyrics:
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I’m not a Miley fan, but man, I love The Climb.
So, there you have it! All about Alison and her tunes. Why don't YOU take the survey too? Or answer one of the questions in the comments? Come on...I know you want to!
*Katy ALWAYS has these super cool surveys and ideas. I could write a month's worth of posts off her prompts! If you're not following her, you should be!
**Alison says clubbin’ like she’s actually been in the past
***Okay, so technically Def Leppard is METAL. It's still rock and roll to me.