Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BMM: Tune Tuesday


MAY I tell you something about myself?

Today, I get to tell you something(s) about myself, and to do that I snagged this cool Tune Tuesday survey from the fabulous Katy Upperman,* answered it, and am now sharing the results with you!

1. What are your three favorite songs right now? What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction, Eyes Open by Taylor Swift (the Hunger Games version STILL gets me all choked up), and ALWAYS Don’t You Forget About Me by Simple Minds.

2. What is the most played song on your iTunes? Like a G6 by Far East Movement. I know—I was shocked too, but I play my clubbin’** music when I walk so I guess this is a good thing?

3. What song are you listening to right now? Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad by Def Leppard. I’ve had it on my WIP playlist forever, but it just really clicked as to how perfect this song is for my story. The answer to question #2 will change by June.

4. What was the last album you bought? Umm…like a real album? I think the last CD I bought was the Sex and the City soundtrack. I choreographed and performed a tap dance to Fergie’s Labels or Love for a talent show at my school. And yes, that’s all I will say about that.

5. What was the last concert you went to? Big Time Rush and One Direction. I so wanted to jump up and sing with my daughter and her bff, but I opted for not embarrassing my daughter on her thirteenth birthday and morphed into boring parent person for most of the show.

6. What was the first album you ever bought? Duran Duran’s Seven and the Ragged Tiger. In high school, The Reflex was one of my favorite songs, and I bought countless Tiger Beat magazines for pin ups of Simon le Bon (and C Thomas Howell and Ralph Macchio and…)

7. What was the last single you downloaded? We are Young by Fun. It’s top forty, but the music style transports me back three decades.

8. Favorite artist or band? Right now? Katy Perry. A consistent favorite? Journey.

9. What’s your favorite musical genre? Classic Rock. I like top forty too, but Def Leppard***? Van Halen? Journey? There’s something about the seventies and eighties that just screams, Come on, baby, light my fire.

10. Quote one of your favorite lyrics:

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking


I’m not a Miley fan, but man, I love The Climb.


So, there you have it! All about Alison and her tunes. Why don't YOU take the survey too? Or answer one of the questions in the comments? Come on...I know you want to!

*Katy ALWAYS has these super cool surveys and ideas. I could write a month's worth of posts off her prompts! If you're not following her, you should be!

**Alison says clubbin’ like she’s actually been in the past ten twenty years.
***Okay, so technically Def Leppard is METAL. It's still rock and roll to me.

14 comments:

  1. What I really really would like is to know more about this: "I choreographed and performed a tap dance to Fergie’s Labels or Love for a talent show at my school." :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiger Beat!!! There's a magazine I haven't thought about in forever - and it's still published. I want to go buy a copy now, although I probably won't know who any of the bands are...hah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to 'date' me, I will admit to you that I am still making mix TAPES. I don't own an ipod, I have no idea how they work or how itunes works. I love my vinyl records.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I downloaded the Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows" last night after being reminded of it while watching Mad Men. I forgot how much I like the weird, psychedelic Beatles songs.
    "Don't You Forget About Me" is one of my all-time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like WE ARE YOUNG also.

    Love Journey.

    And C Thomas Howell...oh my, that takes me back:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I introduced my neices to "California Girls" by Katy Perry, since it's on Just Dance for Wii, and my sister has yet to forgive me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So my name is Rachel and I am 23 years old and I have no idea who ONE DIRECTION IS. Uh.......... I'm going to assume they are a teeny bopper boy band?

    My favorite artists vary a lot. Growing up, my parents instilled a love of The Rolling Stones (my parents saw them quite a bit when I was in womb I believe LOL), The Doors, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Billy Joel and original Broadway soundtracks (I'm from New Jersey). When I was in middle school I wanted to like only one type of music so I listened to Death Cab for Cutie (who I still love lol), Sunny Day Real Estate, Modest Mouse, The Postal Service, Say Hi to Your Mom and Say Anything. Now I listen to everything from the Stones to Death Cab to Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez. and I'm no longer ashamed LOL :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Classic Rock! Journey is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I'm so going to have Like a G6 stuck in my head forever now. I'm totally saving this survey to take down the road :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "**Alison says clubbin’ like she’s actually been in the past ten twenty years." <-- This made me laugh out loud!

    I love "We Were Young" too. Reminds me of Clueless! And thanks for the shout out... You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think those lyrics are really good too--loved reading your post today!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally imagining you dancing to Fergie right now. I wish I could hug you for that image. It'll have me smiling all day...hehe.

    Great tune selection! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Climb's lyrics too.

    And dude, I also play music when I walk...it makes me feel like I am in a movie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lovvvveee We Are Young by Fun! Also Someone I used to know by Gotye is amazing!! Great song choices!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!