Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Check THIS out!

First,


I hope your day is filled with relaxation and food and fireworks!

Second, have you guys seen this?




Gorgeous, right?! Well, my awesome friend Alexandra designed the cover and now she's officially launching a cover designing business of her own! You can check out her amazing designs at http://alexandrashostak.wordpress.com/

Congrats, Alexandra!

Finally - sorry I haven't been around much. I'm still working on my rewrite. I've been reading awesome books like




and what was probably the most disturbing, compelling, and heart-wrenching for me...



And the whole family's on summer vacation right now which means road trips and beach days and I just can't get enough of these guys


Anyway, I am really trying to finish this rewrite so I probably won't be blogging a whole lot this summer, bu-ut next week is my Blogiversary so I guess I should post SOMETHING. And I'll be around here and there. In the meantime, I shall leave you with a few words from the great Vince Lombardi. My WIP is peppered with his quotes and my research yesterday left me inspired by some of these









And my favorite...





Hopefully they can inspire you too!


Make sure you check out Alexandra's cover designs! And have a wonderful Fourth of July! What have YOU been up to this summer?

16 comments:

  1. I just LIKED Alexandra's Facebook page just before coming here. How weird is that?

    I never grow tired of sports quotes. They can pertain to all area's of life, writing especially! Lou Holtz is another good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS weird! And I LOVE sports quotes too. Anything motivational, really.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cover! Love the peacock feathers.
    Happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Happy Fourth to you too!

      Delete
  3. Very inspirational quotes! I've known the "Life's battles don't always go..." quote for as long as I can remember, and it's fantastic! Sounds like your summer has been pretty great so far--reading, revising, spending time with the family. Hope you have a great July 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaime! The summer really just started and I hope it continues to be productive and fun at the same time. We'll see. :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the rewrites. I wish you all of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th of July and love the quotes! Although I admit I accidentally read the first one as, "It's not whether you get knocked up." lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - I do a lot of misreading myself sometimes. And Happy Fourth to you too!

      Delete
  6. Happy 4th to you and your family Alison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! Hope you had a lovely day too!

      Delete
  7. Love the quote about chasing perfection. I hope the rewriting is going well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved---LOVED---the Scorpio Races! Okay, I just saw that pic there and had to comment on this old post... now I'm off to your new post, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!