Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RTW: Reincarnated

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This Week's Topic:

If you could be reincarnated as any fictional character, which would it be?


It’s been too long since I’ve participated in a road trip and I just couldn’t resist this one. Of course, now I have to answer the question. And choose only ONE fictional character. Ugh. Silly weighty tasks.

While I mulled over this question, SO MANY characters from various works of fiction popped into the brain—Hermione, Emerson Cole (Hourglass), Anna (Anna and the French Kiss), Jordan Woods (Catching Jordan). Anastasia Steele (JUST KIDDING…maybe) I almost, almost picked Princess Leia—but despite the swoon-worthy scenes with swash-buckly Han Solo, I realized I’d have to wear those buns in my hair and uh…no.

So I chose this chick




Snarky, audacious, not afraid to speak her mind. Kick-ass wing span. Weighs 98 pounds and can eat whatever she wants (that would’ve eliminated some major Alison issues). Can take out a fleet of robotic Erasers with a single punch. (okay, that might be slight exaggeration). But Max is super strong, and she gets to hang out with a blind kid and a nine-year old who love to blow things up, a motor-mouth fashionista, and a mind-reading seven year old. And share steamy kisses with one brooding hot Fang. And be entertained by a flying, talking Scottish Terrier while trying to save the world.

Oh, and did I mention she can FLY?! Yeah. I totally want to come back as Maximum Ride.

Also, in a related topic, less than two weeks until this hits the shelves



It's the *sniff* finale, the last book in the series. One I've been waiting a year and a half for. I could read the first sixteen chapters online, but then I'd have to wait TWO WEEKS to read the rest. Way too tortuous.

Anyone else a die-hard Max fan? What fictional character do you want to be in YOUR next life? Let me know in the comments!

Also, one more week of my Blogiversary giveaway! Win ARCs, an Amazon gift card… Check it out HERE.

30 comments:

  1. Ha, great answer! I can't say I've ever read these books, but from the characters you listed, I like what I see! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max is awesome - that series is what brought me back to YA!

      Delete
  2. Lol about the Princess Leia hair dilemma - for some reason, I always imagine her hair weighing like 20 lbs because it just looks so heavy.

    I've got the Max Ride series on my TBR-list, but haven't actually read any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do read them, Jennifer! I've read half the series several times and I RARELY reread books! I hope you enjoy them!

      Also, YES to the hair poundage. I would have a grueling headache trying to sport those.

      Delete
  3. Good answer, Alison. The being able to fly thing would certainly be fun (though I'm not good with heights--but I suppose I'd overcome that given I'd have wings), but being able to eat whatever? That's the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flying and the eating sold me too. WOULD LOVE some wings!

      Delete
  4. Good choice. Max is awesome. I liked those books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! I do love me some Max!

      Delete
  5. I had a number of characters pop into my head too. :) I started reading the MAXIMUM RIDE series, and the voice tough to deal with. I guess "to each his own", right? Though, despite all that, wings would be pretty freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the voice being tough to deal with - my first two stories had a similar voice and people either loved it or hated it. But I just love HER. And yes! Wings would totally be awesome!

      Delete
  6. She can fly! Awesome choice!
    Aw, Leia's buns are a classic!
    I confess I haven't read this series, yet! I promise to correct that in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! And I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. I don't blame you for not wanting to wear those buns! Picking a char that can fly is a great choice. I haven't read those books but they sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, just the thought of the buns gives me a headache. Now her hair in Return of the Jedi...maybe.

      Delete
  8. That's awesome! I've never read any of the Maximum Ride books -- might have to pick them up. I love coming into a series at the end. Means I don't have to wait! Sorry you have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it kind of blows, but the gazillion other books on my TBR kind of take my mind off it.

      Delete
  9. Alison, Max is an awesome choice!! I read the first 3 books in high school and then they kind of got repetitive for me....but I loved how fierce and awesome Max was. I really hope they do more than option the movie because I think it would be kick butt. Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO. It's been slated for production for so long, I've kind of given up hope. And anyone I originally thought would be great for Max and Fang are getting too old!

      Delete
  10. I haven't read the Maximum Ride series yet either, but I've had several people recommend it to me. Perhaps I'll grab it when I finally take a vacation next month! From the reasons you gave, I could see why you'd choose her (especially the high metabolism -- watch out, cheesecake!)

    New follower, btw! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nickie! And at my age, I'd give ANYTHING for high metabolism. Okay, maybe not anything, but it would be pretty cool to eat whatever.

      Delete
  11. Uuuh, I would love to be able to fly! I hadn't heard about the series before but now I'm intrigued. I agree though, kick-ass heroines are the best, I also chose one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - just about every single character that crossed my mind was kick-ass. The wing thing sold me. :)

      Delete
  12. I'd love to be Scout Finch, or Addie Pray. No, maybe Hermione Granger or Luna Lovegood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Luna! That would be a great choice!

      Delete
  13. I've never heardof this series. I definitely need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please do! My love for this series is FIERCE!

      Delete
  14. I really like James Patterson but only read the first book in this series. Just not enough time to read everything I want.

    Great choice of a character. I'd pick Hermione and spells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on not having enough time to read everything - hoo boy. I have SO MANY books to read! And I'm slowly rethinking my choice - Hermione spells would be AWESOME

      Delete
  15. This sounds like a cool choice! I haven´t read the series yet but I need to add it to my TBR :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Congrats to the winners!

    You know of my undying love of GRACELING, so I'll refrain from gushing. :) I hadn't heard of PARTY, but it sounds really cool. Definitely one to check out. Thanks, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!