Thursday, December 20, 2012

Superlative Blogfest: BEST IN SHOW



It’s the last day of the blogfest L

I’ve had so much fun, and even more fun popping around to see your choices each day! My TBR list is now about the same length as my kids’ Christmas one, and I don’t think I’ll read any 2013 novels because I’ll be catching up on 2012, but still SO MUCH FUN!!! I hope you’ve had fun too. J

Anyhoo, before I begin, slacker blogger Alison’s a bit behind in the sharing department, and two of her amazing CPs recently had some super huge news!

If you are doing this blogfest, you obviously know Katy, and most of you probably know that she recently parted ways with her agent, plunged into query waters, and within less than a month signed with a new agent—the fabulous Victoria Marini of Gelfman Schneider Literary Agency! (you can read all about it here) I’ve had the fortunate pleasure of reading Katy’s story four times, and I’m not exaggerating when I say I could read it again and again and again (and again). It’s unputdownable. Her story is one I still think about, and I seriously hope you all get the chance to read it one day.

And then, while Katy was in the midst of agenting attention, my amazing CP and friend Marice Kraal signed with Brittany Howard of the Corvisiero Literary Agency! (you can check out her news here)Marice is not only an incredibly thorough, fantastic, and supportive CP, but she writes the most amazing stories. I’ve been so honored to read two of them, and her latest has the most amazing concept and the most incredible story. I seriously can’t wait until it hits the shelves and you all can read it.

Congratulations, Katy and Marice!!!

And now on with the Best in Show

Favorite Cover:




Cutest Couple: Hazel and Augustus (THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, John Green)

Most Likely to Succeed (Or, pick a Printz Winner.): THE RAVEN BOYS (Maggie Stiefvater)

Most Likely to Make You Miss Your Bedtime (Book you just couldn’t put down!) THIS IS NOT A TEST (Courtney Summers)

Best Repeat Performance (Your favorite sequel or follow-up.): PANDEMONIUM (Lauren Oliver)

Favorite Finale or End of Series Novel: NEVERMORE (James Patterson)—last (insert gihugic sad face) in the Maximum Ride series and ended exactly how it should have

Romance Most Worthy of an Ice Bath: Whitley and Nathan (A MIDSUMMER’S NIGHTMARE, Kody Keplinger)

Breakout Novel (Your favorite book by a debut author.) AMELIA ANNE IS DEAD AND GONE (Kat Rosenfield)

Best Old-Timer (Your favorite read of the year, BEFORE 2012.): JELLICOE ROAD (Melina Marchetta)—if this book was a 2012 release, it’d be dominating my choices. SO GOOD

Book Most Likely to Make a Grown Man Cry: THE FAULT IN OUR STARS (John Green)

Most Pleasant Surprise (Best book you didn’t think you’d like, but totally did.): AMELIA ANNE IS DEAD AND GONE (Kat Rosenfield). I don’t know why I held off on this one as long as I did, but I’m glad I finally read it.

Most Creative Use of a Love Triangle: THE RAVEN BOYS—while I am definitely Team Gansey, I really, really do feel for Adam.

Sleeper Hit (Book you found so awesome you wish it had been hyped more.): DROWNING INSTINCT (Ilsa J. Blick) and PERFECT ESCAPE (Jennifer Brown)

Favorite Outlier (Your favorite middle grade or adult 2012 book): I really want to say ON WRITING (Stephen King), but while that was a 2012 read for me, it was not a 2012 publication. So, I’ll go with 11th HOUR (James Patterson). LOVE the Women’s Murder Club!

Your turn! Pick your own superlative category and post it at the end this day’s list. Blog hoppers will be able to drop by and vote for their pick in the comments of your blog!

Character who deserved the biggest hug: Adam (THE RAVEN BOYS, Maggie Stiefvater) and COLBY (THE DISENCHANTMENTS, Nina LaCoeur). My heart broke for those two SO MUCH.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL holiday! Thank you so much for participating this week! Oh, and don't forget to add your link below!



16 comments:

  1. I love your added category! And I very much agree on Adam needing a hug. Also, this blogfest has convinced me that I need to read Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone. Thanks so much for hosting, it's been a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping host this blogfest, Alison! I needed a way to get back into blogging and this was the perfect opportunity. Plus, it was just tons of fun. :)

    I still need to read AMELIA ANNE IS DEAD AND GONE. I remember Katy praising it months ago and I said I'd read it then. Whoops! And can I just say, you're so right about wanting to give Adam a big hug? I really feel for that guy even though I'm Team Gansey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to go with the Darkling for biggest hug, because he could obviously use one, and I am in no way biased by the fact that he's totally hot. Nope. Not at all.

    I have a feeling TFiOS is going to win the "Most Likely to Make a Grown Man Cry" category a lot today, heh.

    Thank you so much for helping to put on this blogfest! I've had a blast checking out everyone's picks this week, and I'm glad you ladies did it again this year since I missed out last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam clearly needs a hug, but I'm gonna go with the Duchess and her little sister from GRAVE MERCY. Those poor girls--everyone keeps trying to marry off the older one (you know: the TWELVE-YEAR-OLD?) and the younger one is sickly and fragile, but with tons of spunk just dying to get out.

    And, yes, I totally feel you on the length of my TBR after the last four days. Last I checked, I was up to 225 TBR books on Goodreads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to the boys needing a hug! I'll just echo your choices there... oh, maybe Noah in PUSHING THE LIMITS. That kid has a lot going on in his life. :-)

    JELLICOE ROAD is sitting on my nightstand and kept getting passed up for the 2012 books, in preparation for this blogfest. I'll have to read it before school begins again.

    Thanks for hosting, Alison! I had a really good time and like you have a towering TBR list that I will never accomplish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and congratulations to Katy and Marcie! I don't envy authors when they go through that query process, but what a wonderful rewarding feeling when it all pays off, I bet. :-)

      Delete
  6. :D Nathan and Whitley were definitely steamy...and YES for JELLICOE...I loved that book SO much! (and yep totally cheated on ON WRITING as you know I addedto my favorite non-YA book)
    I think Adam does need a hug. Every character of TFIOS, I want to hug them, and sit down with them to talk, and tell them they are wonderful.
    Thank you so much for hosting, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to read Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone, and Jellicoe Road! Have heard both are awesome, so I must read them both immediately!

    The blogfest has been awesome, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nathan and Whitley were my picks for the ice bath category.

    I will second your vote for Adam and Colby needing hugs. *hugs them* I am SO happy I participated in this blogfest and I'm already planning on keeping better track of my 2013 releases for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh fun category... I definitely want to give hugs to Hazel and Augustus from The Fault In Our Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, TIMEPIECE has a cool cover!
    Thanks for a fun blog fest--like you, my TBR list could stretch to the North Pole now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great extra category! I want to give Colby a hug, too. He totally deserves it.

    I had so much fun hosting this blogfest with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, thanks for the shout out, lovely! I love your Biggest Hug category, and totally agree with your choices. I'll give big hugs to Bitterblue and Wren from LOVELY, DARK AND DEEP. Those poor, sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for organizing this blogfest - it's been so fun! And it's definitely convinced me to read RAVEN BOYS - I just started it today. Now I'm worried what's going to happen to poor Adam...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Katy yet again! And to your friend Marice who I'm sure is also lovely!

    What great choices for all the winners. I'm sorry to have missed out on the blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I not know that about Katy? WTH is wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!