Thursday, February 21, 2013

Currently...

Hi, long lost blogger friends! Sorry I haven't been around much. Just working. On the WIP (getting there). And working working. Anyway, here's a little update on what I'm

LOVING: tagxedo. I first learned about it from Katy Upperman who learned about it from Sarah Enni and ohmygosh, I could play with this for hours. It's a lot like Wordle, but BETTER. I fed my WIP to it and then even my SNI. I may go back and tagxedo stories I haven't touched in forever. SO FUN. And so pretty. See.



A themed Wordle! Too cool. I really wanted a football, but *sigh* that was not an option, so since the shark thing is kind of a big deal in my story, voila.

You should totally try it. And if you do, I would love to see your tagxedo! Let me know if you blog about it in the comments.

READING: I have found new author love and her name is Courtney Summers. She completely hooked me with THIS IS NOT A TEST (best read of 2012, thank you) and so I snagged these two off the library shelf recently




and oh—the VOICE. So real and heart-wrenching and I only just started! I think I shall devour them this weekend.

WATCHING: Most of you know I don't really watch much television outside of Adventure Time (SO Math), Gravity Falls (Love. Love. Love, love, love) and anything else my kids are watching, but lately I've developed a slight huge obsession for


LOVE the songs (new elliptical workout music), love the characters. The story. And of course,

Fat Amy.



Love. HER.

THINKING ABOUT: a million things: soccer practice, soccer games, basketball games, tutoring, grading papers, planning lessons, scheduling hair appointments, answering emails—tired yet? My brain is too, but ever present in the noggin—my WIP—the changes I'm working on, the words I need to cut. I've cut 25K and still have more to weed out. Oh, and yes—I should be the poster child for ridiculously long first drafts.

ANTICIPATING: The end of the school year. Warm weather. And beach time. This chick needs a tan!

WISHING: for more hours in the day. Enough said.


MAKING ME HAPPY:



the minion in the middle!


Just kidding. My family. ALWAYS.

What are you CURRENTLY up to?

26 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you went to. But I understand.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly! I'll be in and out for a while. Must finish the WIP

      Delete
  2. That tagxedo thing looks awesome. I'll have to check it out. Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - tagxedo is slightly addictive. Totes why I can't do Pintrest. I'd be on it all the time.

      Delete
  3. Yep, I am tired just thinking about your schedule :)

    I'm also looking forward to warmer weather - I don't need it beach hot, but just enough that I can take a walk without turning into a popsicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm weather would be nice. I took a walk today but tomorrow we're supposed to have freezing rain. BOO

      Delete
  4. I just ordered a copy of Some Girls Are! I also got really into TINAT and I'm so curious to see what Courtney Summers is like without zombies. (Of course, with the size of the TBR pileS on my nightstand, who knows when I will ACTUALLY get to read it...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I plan on reading LOTS of SOME GIRLS ARE tonight. I know what you mean about the size of the TBR pile. I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  5. Yes, on the tan. Can it please be summer already?!

    As always, I'm with you on all your loves: PITCH PERFECT, SOME GIRLS ARE (my favorite Courtney Summers book), and your awesome shark graphic... Yay!

    Hope you have a wonderful day, friend... It's almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS almost the weekend! Thank God. I might have to cheat on the tan thing and get mine early. Cold weather and pale skin? So not me

      Delete
  6. That's one nice looking family! Nice to see you around again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be in and out, but good to be back too!

      Delete
  7. Beach time = yes. Dreaming of that in this cold NE blah winter.
    You've reminded me to play around with Tagxedo when I get a chance. So cool.
    I've actually never seen Adventure Time, but I do copyedit Adventure Time books so I am becoming very familiar with it. :) One of these days I'll have to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it's miserable up there - I grew up outside of Philly and now that I've been in eastern NC for a while - I cringe at fifty degree weather.

      Also, my daughter thought it was super cool that you copyedit Adventure Time books and wants you to send her some, lol. :)

      Delete
  8. I am going to head on over to Tagxedo as soon as I'm done here and mess around with it. Sounds fun! And I hear you on the nicer weather thing. I could use a lot more sun and heat right about now. I think I need to give Courtney Summers' other books a whirl. I have them on my TBR list, but you've kind of sold me further when you mentioned the voice thing. I love a book with good voice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY want to see your tagxedo when you are done! And yes - books with awesome voice are what I go for!

      Delete
  9. Yay! So good to see you. What a lovely family! I'll have to try out the tagxedo. Looks like fun! Pitch Perfect is fantastic. So addictive, and so very quotable. Sounds like you've been keeping super busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, but it's good to be back blogging - even if it is just today. :) And yes - you must check out tagxedo! SO fun!

      Delete
  10. Ok I've been wanting to play with Tagxedo since Katy posted about it. And I'm with Jaime on reading Courtney Sumers' other books. I loved TINAT, so I'm sure I'd like the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would definitely like the others. I feel so fortunate to have found them at the library. It's like finding a 100 dollar bill. :) And YES - play with tagxedo! I want to see a finished product. :)

      Delete
  11. I STILL haven't read Courtney Summers. I know, what's wrong with me?? I need to go on a reading binge of all of her books stat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Courtney Summers and I'm loving all the love for her in the comments, too! FALL FOR ANYTHING is my favourite of all of heres--absolutely broke my heart. And definitely off to play with tagxedo to. Because I need more ways to procrastinate, obviously ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. *waves* :D :D :D

    Your WiP sounds amazing every single time you mention it. Now I´m curious to know what it has to do with sharks....!

    Yes for Pitch Perfect! And yes for Courtney Summers! :D :D :D I read several of her books now and love them, while the Pitch Perfect soundtrack helps brighten my mornings when all I want to do is cuddle up and read or write but instead I´m waiting for my train :P

    Hugs from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, sorry I haven't been around much either!! Anyway. This post was lovely. Esp. that last pic of you and your family and the guy in the middle (LOVED DESPICABLE ME!).
    Good luck with the wip! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great ideas here - which is why I meant to follow you after last year's A to Z Challenge! Are you doing this year's? Hope to drop in more often in future :)

    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love tagxedo. I did one last summer for our school in the shape of a horse (We are mustangs.) and it turned out quite nice. Our 4th grade teachers use tagxedo with their poetry unit. The kiddos create some really nice work!

    Where are you guys in the picture with the minion. I must take Kayla for a photo op. She loves the minions.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!