Monday, June 3, 2013

Ready. Set. WRITE!

Soooo…I've been thinking about the summer and how I really want to do some serious writing on my new story (and I'll need a major distraction from querying*) and how I'm not a Nano person, but I could probably manage 1000 a day. So I mentioned said rambling to a few friends and we thought hey—maybe we could do some sort of summer writing intensive (lasting over a couple months instead of one) and wow wouldn't it be cool if we got other people to do this with us and we could encourage each other. And even if people weren't writing something new, like say revising, then we could encourage each other in that too.

Andbutso Ready. Set. WRITE! was born. Katy Upperman, Elodie Nowodazkij, Erin Funk, Jaime Morrow, and I are hosting the summer writing intensive Ready. Set. WRITE! and we'd LOVE for you to join us! We plan to kick off a summer of writing Tuesday June 11th and write, write, write for 2 months! We'll update weekly on what we've been writing and our new goals for the week. Care to join us in our writing bliss?!

Isn't this button awesome?! Erin made it!

Just a few more specifics on our summer writing intensive Ready. Set. WRITE!

Purpose: for drafting/revising/writing flash fiction or short stories—whatever! As long as we're writing!

What we'll do:

Set weekly goals (or monthly or overall goals). Again—whatever works!

Update weekly on What's Up Wednesday (ya know—in the What I'm Writing section). We'll share what we've accomplished and set goals for the new week. We can also include snippets or just gush about our stories. J

Don't know about What's Up Wednesday?** Check it out here and here. And here.

We'll also be hosting occasional drafting/revising parties on Twitter, providing lots of support for each other, and…AND sponsoring a giveaway!

Ready. Set. WRITE! will kick off Tuesday June 11th with sign-ups on our blogs. We'll set our first goals on June 12th's edition of What's Up Wednesday and update each other every Wednesday!***

In the meantime, decide what you want to write/revise. Set your goals! Write a little. Or a lot. Grab the button and spread the word! And be prepared to Ready. Set. WRITE!

So, want to join us? What would you like to work on this summer?


* my other distraction would be shots of tequila. This is way more constructive. J
** No, really. Check it out. What's Up Wednesday is so easy and fun!
*** Alison is currently being diagnosed with exclamation-titis. As in, she uses way too many of them. Clearly.

24 comments:

  1. I also have exclamation-titis!!!!! :-) That and smiley-titis...:-) :-)

    Thanks again so much for extending the invitation to host and for the wonderful idea! Can't wait for you to start writing so I can start reading :P

    And I know I want to get my WiP to a good place this summer.
    !!!!!
    :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for both of us! I can't wait to read yours too! And here's to exclamation-titis!

      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I'm working on something right now and just might join you. :)

    Have a great Monday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Dana! I hope you can join us!

      Delete
  3. Who says you can't do shots of tequila while you write??? :P Thanks for thinking this up, Alison. I could really use some goals in my writing right now. I'm starting to get a bit slack and unmotivated, so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, um...hmmm. Maybe you can?

      And I'm so glad you are hosting with me! I need the accountability too!

      Delete
  4. Love this for non-NaNo ppl (me!). I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this idea, and am so going to join in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! So glad to have you on board!

      Delete
  6. Perfec timing! I need to start a new ms next week :) I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! Can't wait to hear about your story and your productivity!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for coming up with this awesome idea and for inviting me to join in! My WIP needs a few goals to get it moving. Hmm, tequila shots. Haven't tried that to boost the creativity. I do have a box of red wine ready. Yes, a box. A bottle's just not gonna do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Red wine is definitely in my writer's tool kit! So glad to have you on board!

      Delete
  8. I love this! Thanks for putting it together. Count me in! I need this kind of motivation right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Hoping for lots of productivity and new words for us this summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to dive into revisions! That, and encouragement always helps with those first draft "holy crap I must have written this in my sleep" read through sessions. ;) I think you'll have to count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally want to join you guys! Great idea! I'm in drafting mode at the moment, but I should finish this week. Not sure how active I can be, but I'll check in with you guys. Does that count? I've been so bad with my social media presence...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun idea! I was just telling Jaime that I wanted to up my targets once school finishes (this is our last week!) and this is a great way to get excited about it! So glad you thought of this. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm diving into revisions, and happy to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a fun idea. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait! Though my blog post about this isn't until tomorrow.

    I'm gonna be putting the finishing touches on my current WIP.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!