Monday, November 4, 2013

NaNoReviseMo

NaNo is well under way and, once again, I'm not participating. And while I'm a teensy bit sad/jealous/blah about that, it's okay. I am currently in the throes of revising a story that I'm desperately in love with and want to focus on. So, I have my own NaNo going on. One I'm calling NaNoReviseMo. 

Nothing too stressful. Nothing too crazy. Just a way to hold myself accountable and get you to help me to do that. I plan to revise eight pages a day, five days a week. Doable, right? I have an overall goal of getting past my midpoint (and really, hopefully to my Black Moment) by the end of November.

Here's what I'll be starting with today—pages 55-62. I CAN DO IT! (at least I hope so J)
 

 
I'll post my daily goals on Twitter and Instagram (hashtag NaNoRevMo) and detail what are hopefully successes each Wednesday with WUW. My awesome friend Katy Upperman's joining me on this revising endeavor, and if you're not doing NaNo because you're crazy revising, I invite you to join us! You can set your own daily goals (1000 words, a chapter, eight pages like me…whatever!). It will be awesome fun and hopefully we'll all get oodles accomplished! 

Let us know if you wish to participate in the comments. And then hit us up on Twitter at

@alisonmiller20

 and/or

@katyupperman

I usually revise between the hours of 8-10 AM EST and then again from 12-2 PM EST. Katy and I (and the fabulous @rffaubion) usually have revising/writing parties on Twitter in the EST afternoon time and our friends @T_Neithercott, @LizParkerWrites, @sbiren, @rachelwrites007, @jenpickrell, and @stephandrea_ usually are on in the evening. Hit us up! Most of us our RevMo-ing it this November! We hope you'll join us for all kinds of productive fun!

10 comments:

  1. Go, Alison, go! :-) This sounds like an amazing idea and as you know I'm in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for this :) My main goal for revising (every day) is to chop some words. Gah, I'm wordy.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, ladies! And I'm so glad you'll be joining us!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely in! Although I don't think I'll make any Twitter writing parties. I'm usually revising 9-11 GMT :) I'll look forward to updates in WUW though. Good luck for today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO!!! I'll look for your updates too! So glad you'll be doing this with us!

      Delete
  3. You know I'm in! I'm so looking forward to rocking my revision this month. Thank you for including me in this awesome idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't NOT include you. And so glad you're doing this with me!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post. This really is a good idea for those of us who are already in the middle of a novel we love and need to revise. I would definitely participate, but I already have a project going. It's a November Sketch Challenge to get me sketching daily, and get me interacting with friends on Twitter more. I randomly pick a phrase that's full of imagery from a Tweep and illustrate it, then show the sketch to the person I chose, along with a RT. It's been loads of fun so far.

    Even though I'm not participating with you all, I can cheer you on! I'm @DonelleLacy on Twitter. I'll be looking you up! Good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow and the lovely comment! And yes - I will be cheering you on too!

      Delete
  5. Okay, I'm even worse about using twitter than I about getting my revisions done. But I'm kind of doing a NaNoRevMo of my own, so maybe I'll try to drop by on twitter and let you guys help encourage me.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!