Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Superlative Blog Fest: Popularity Contest


It's Day Two of the Superlative Blog fest and today we're choosing our faves yearbook style. If you want to join in the fun, click here for a recap of the "rules" and hop aboard!

I read over 60 books this year, but these are the 2013-published YA books I read: REQUIEM (Lauren Oliver), HYSTERIA (Megan Miranda), THE MADMAN’S DAUGHTER (Megan Shepard), JUST ONE DAY (Gayle Forman), ELEANOR AND PARK (Rainbow Rowell), NOBODY BUT US (Kristen Halbrook), ALL OUR YESTERDAYS (Cristin Terrill), THINGS I CAN’T FORGET (Miranda Kenneally), THE FIFTH WAVE (Rick Yancey), TAKEN (Erin Bowman), 17 & GONE (Nova Ren Suma), FORGIVE ME, LEONARD PEACOCK (Matthew Quick). THE DREAM THIEVES (Maggie Stiefvater), FANGIRL (Rainbow Rowell), SMOKE (Ellen Hopkins), WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE (Trish Doller), REVEALED (PC Cast and Kristin Cast), THE INFINITE MOMENT OF US (Lauren Myracle)

Popularity Contest

Mostly Likely to start a Riot: Ronan (THE DREAM THIEVES, Maggie Stiefvater) and Will (NOBODY BUT US, Kristin Holbrook)

Biggest Flirt: Alex (WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE, Trish Doller)

Fashion King and/or Queen: Aphrodite (REVEALED, P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast)

Girl You’d Most Want For Your BFF: Tessa (THE INFINITE MOMENT OF US, Lauren Myracle) and Parker (THINGS I CAN’T FORGET, Miranda Kenneally)


Boy You Wish You’d Dated in High School: Heath Luck (REVEALED, P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast), Adam (THE DREAM THIEVES, Maggie Stiefvater), Levi (FANGIRL, Rainbow Rowell), Alex (WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE), or Finn (ALL OUR YESTERDAYS, Cristin Terrill)

Most Likely to Become President: Gansey (THE DREAM THIEVES, Maggie Stiefvater).


Quirkiest Character: Eleanor AND Park (ELEANOR AND PARK, Rainbow Rowell)

Villain You Love to Hate: Asher (FORGIVE ME, LEONARD PEACOCK, Matthew Quick)

Favorite Parental Figure: Greg (WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE, Trish Doller)

Coolest Nerd: Levi (FANGIRL, Rainbow Rowell)


Add your name to the linky below and join in the fun! Can't wait to see your choices!


11 comments:

  1. We have a lot of the same ones--glad to see Finn getting some more love. Good call on Will starting a riot. I should have added him to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're an ADAM kind of girl, are you now, Alison? ;-) (I think the Raven Boy you're in love with probably says something about your personality. Someone should make a quiz.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many different responses/books from my list, which is good because it points me toward books I really need to read! And how hard was it to narrow down that "Boy You Wish You Dated In High School" superlative??? So hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison, lol. I love that you picked like five boys, and that one of them is Adam. I need to read ALL OUR YESTERDAYS if the boy is named Finn, and you liked him. You have fabulous taste in boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam? I would like to have dated a Raven Boy, but I'm Gansey all the way. Could you imagine giving Adam a birthday or Christmas gift? He'd assume it was a handout. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, lady! But, I'm with Trace: Gansey would definitely be my choice of the Raven Boys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think after The Raven Boys I would have said Adam, too. But my favorite, favorite scene (that of course made me endlessly sad) in Dream Thieves was between Noah and Blue, and I think in that moment he became my secret favorite. I mean, like I said in my post, there are some problems with his personality (before) and his...most of him (after) but if we could just overcome those, we'd be good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Finn! I forgot about him. Definitely boyfriend worthy. And Will. Oh, WILL. (Why'd you go and bring him up and break my heart all over again!?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost picked Finn for my boy I wish I'd dated. Although I probably could've said ALL OF THEM and called it a day.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!