Monday, March 10, 2014

YA Buccaneers Writing Boot Camp!

As I was on a week-long break from finishing my polishing draft of my story and sending it out to readers, I came across this.

 
It’s a three month long writing boot camp in which participants set goals, share progress, and hold each other accountable for said goals. Um…count me in! The writing camp started last Monday, but it’s not too late to join the awesomeness and well, I love the pirates over at YA Buccaneers and just think this idea’s pretty fab. Plus, I NEED to do a few things writing-wise, so….
 Find out all about it HERE.
Today, I’m sharing my overall goals and my goals for this week. People—HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE! I need to get my query ready, like, yesterday. J
OVERALL GOALS for March, April, and May…
1) Write and revise a query and synopsis for my current story THOSE MAGIC CHANGES
2) Query THOSE MAGIC CHANGES
3) Dust off my “baby” ( a project I wrote five years ago) and start revising it. Again. J
4) Brainstorm and outline ideas for the SNI I’ll start writing with the summer writing program Ready Set Write. Don’t know what that is? Click HERE.
5) Read at least fifteen books.
This week’s goals…
1) Draft my query for THOSE MAGIC CHANGES
2) Start drafting my synopsis for TMC
3) Rewrite my query. Repeat a hundred times until I feel it’s not so full of suck and my CPs won’t cringe at it.
4) Implement reader feedback on my current story.
5) Start a revision list for the “baby.”
6) Brainstorm and jot ideas down for summer Ready Set Write SNI.
7) Finish reading WINGER (Andrew Smith) and SHARP OBJECTS (Gillian Flynn)
 
I’ll report back next Monday and let you know how I did! Are YOU doing the YA Buccaneers Writing Boot Camp?! What are you working on?

3 comments:

  1. Augh, the dreaded query! I've got some notes back on mine but I haven't looked yet b/c I'm afraid I'll just give up entirely :)

    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not doing the bootcamp but maybe i should. I'm working on drafting my WIP. But i also have to revise it at the same time for my MFA. AND I have to write 2 critical essays this month for the MFA (and BOO on critical essays!)

    But go you! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're joining us! Good luck with your goals. Query writing is tough but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!