I hope you all had a productive week with Ready. Set. WRITE! If you’re new and wondering what RSW is all about, it’s a summer long writing intensive through which we write/revise/plan like crazy, cheer each other on, and hold one another accountable with weekly updates. We’ll be sharing our goals on Mondays and keeping our posts brief so we can save our words for our WiPs! J Sign up on the linky at one of the host blogs (the fabulous KatyUpperman, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and me!) each week, and remember to hop around to encourage other participants. For more info on RSW and a link to our lovely stash of buttons, click here!
And if you missed the initial goal setting post and still want to join in, PLEASE DO! Just post your goals today, use the 5 headings if you want, and join the fun!
Here’s how last week went for me…
How I did on last week’s goals
My goals for last week were to take a break from both my stories and…
1) Read! Check! I finished one beta read, started another, and also read the absolutely stunning EVERYTHING LEADS TO YOU (Nina LaCour) and the way too hilarious ME, EARL, AND THE DYING GIRL (Jesse Andrews)
2) Exercise every day. Almost! Exercised six days out of seven. I’m counting it as success. J
3) Work on cleaning projects that have taken a backburner. Um…
4) Do some fun things with the kiddos. Took the kids to Panera, the son mini-golfing; the daughter and I had a movie night and went shopping. Very good times. J Hopefully, we’ll get to see Guardians of the Galaxy next week. I keep hearing how fabulous it is!
My goal(s) for this week
Time to get back to writing (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
1) Read through THOSE MAGIC CHANGES (TMC). Start a revision list (again J) for my R&R
2) Continue with plans for changing the beginning of TMC. Finish fixing the first chapter (based on awesome CP notes). Continue working on the second one.
A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
While I get back to TMC, I’m taking a break from writing/revising my MEAN BOYS story, BUT I’m not going to break from it completely. Last week I conducted some…research and one word can sum that up: FUN
The biggest challenge I faced this week (finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc)
I was supposed to be on a break from writing and I wanted nothing more than to open a doc and start working on one of my stories. Not a bad thing. Not at all. But it did make “taking a break” a challenge. J
Something(s) I love about my WIPs
TMC: the musical aspect of this story. My playlist and my chapter titles are an eclectic mix of Broadway musicals and classic rock and roll, and whenever I work on this story I sing ALL THE TIME. My neighbors are going to hate me this week.
MEAN BOYS: my three main characters: their friendship, their love of soccer, their pranking ways. They make my heart sing, and I’m ridiculously excited to get back to this story.
I hope you all had an incredibly productive week! I can’t wait to check out your posts! PS—don’t forget to sign up on the linky!