Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Superlative Blog Fest 2014: Popularity Contest

It’s day two of The Class of 2014: YA Superlative Blogfest!




Jessica Love, Tracey Neithercott, Katy Upperman and I are the hosts and we hope you will join in the fun! It runs today through Thursday, December 18th and highlights favorite books published in 2014. And at the end we’re giving away a 2014 book to four lucky winners! All you have to do is participate each day to be entered.
Just as a point of reference, here are the 2014 pubbed YA books I read this year: The Impossible Knife of Memory (Laurie Halse Anderson), Grasshopper Jungle (Andrew Smith), Don’t Even Think About It (Sarah Mylnowski), Ignite Me (Taherah Mafi), Panic (Lauren Oliver), Noggin (John Corey Whaley), Push Girl (Jessica Love and Chelsie Hill), The Geography of You and Me (Jennifer E. Smith), One Two, Three (Elodie Nowodazkij), The Here and Now (Ann Brashares), Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Laini Taylor), Since You’ve Been Gone (Morgan Matson), What I Thought Was True (Huntley Fitzpatrick), Complicit (Stephanie Kuehn), Torn Away (Jennifer Brown), Everything Leads to You (Nina LaCour), Faking Normal (Courtney C. Stevens), Alienated (Melissa Landers), Isla and the Happily Ever After (Stephanie Perkins), Side Effects May Vary (Julie Murphy), We Were Liars (E. Lockhart), I’ll Give You the Sun (Jandy Nelson), 100 Sideways Miles (Andrew Smith), Redeemed (PC Cast and Kristin Cast), Blue Lily, Lily Blue (Maggie Stiefvater), Perfectly Good White Boy (Carrie Mesrobian), and Zac & Mia (AJ Betts)
I’m also counting in this list Control (Lydia Kang) and The Promise of Amazing (Robin Constantine) because they were published super late in 2013 (December 26 and December 13, respectively) and really, they were awesome and how fair is that not to include them? J
Now for today’s awesome category…

Popularity Contest 

Villain I Love to Hate: Jael (Dreams of Gods and Monsters)

                Kind of wanted to join Karou and Akiva and battle him myself.  

Favorite Parental Figure: Grandpa Ben (What I Thought was True)

Most Likely to Start a Riot: same choice every year, but it’s so true… Ronan (Blue Lily, Lily Blue) although I think Blue could rival him for that choice this year! Also, Alice (Side Effects May Vary). She, uh…kind of did start one with her list.  

Biggest Flirt: Collins (Since You’ve Been Gone) 

Coolest Nerd: Frank Porter (Since You’ve Been Gone) and Josh (Isla and the Happily Ever After) 

Fashion King and/or Queen: I’m just going to nominate the book and cast of Everything Leads to You. That entire story just feels so . . . vintage. 

Character You’d Most Want For a BFF: Amanda (Push Girl), Zuzana (Dreams of Gods and Monsters), Bishop (Panic), and Gansey (Blue Lily, Lily Blue 

Character You Wish You’d Dated in High School: So, so many. Here’ s the (haha) short list: Gat (We Were Liars), Heath/Aurox (Redeemed), Cassidy (What I Thought was True), Antonio (One Two Three), Oscar (I’ll Give You the Sun), Ethan (The Here and Now) and Adam (Blue Lily, Lily Blue).  

Most Likely to Become President: I feel like I always pick Gansey (Blue Lily, Lily Blue) for this, which he still deserves, but this year I’m also going with Frank Porter (Since You’ve Been Gone) 

Quirkiest Character: Isla (Isla and the Happily Every After). Stephanie Perkins can write some quirky but extremely loveable main characters.  

So excited to see your pics! Make sure you sign up on the linky!











12 comments:

  1. Frank Porter is perfect for the coolest nerd spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for giving Amanda some love! <3 She's the best. :-D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank Porter for President! I picked him too. ;-) I really need to read EVERYTHING LEADS TO YOU. I've been seeing it on a number of lists, and I'm not entirely sure why I haven't gotten to it yet. Same goes with I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN. This blogfest is awesome for recs and reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Grandpa Ben. I chose the old lady (I forget her name and was too lazy to look it up) for that category.

    And Collins! TOTALLY the biggest flirt! I forgot about him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I can see President Frank Porter! I keep seeing 'Gansey' on all the lists and I'm intrigued - I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of Blue Lily, Lily Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I forget about Collins?? He was one of my favorites in SYBG. And I also forgot about Ethan, who was super sweet and adorable. There were so many good choices for the boyfriend category...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely agree with Ronan, Adam, Gansey, and Zuzana! This really intrigued me: "Fashion King and/or Queen: I’m just going to nominate the book and cast of Everything Leads to You. That entire story just feels so . . . vintage." - thinking of adding that book now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I totally forgot about Side Effects May Vary. There were a lot of great books that were out this year. I totally agree with you about Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Isla *is* quirky! Somehow I didn't even think of her for that category. Great picks, lady! You're totally making me want to (finally) pick up my copy of SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww :) So happy Tonio made it to your list :) Thank you! And there are so many books I need to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the Raven Boys, and everyone has a soft spot for Ronan (who is totally a riot-starter!), but my soft spot is for Adam. <3 him, and yes, Gat is quite sweet himself. And I didn't get to read Laini Taylor's book this year, but I adore Zuzana and would love for her to be my BFF. Love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, Gat. Good call. That list would have made for quite the high school experience :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!