Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

 
What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, allowing us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up. Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk are the hosts, and we'd love for you to join in the fun! Just hit up their blogs and sign up on the linky. J

WHAT I’M READING:

I finished this amazing little something titled LET’S GET LOST (Adi Alsaid). Awesomely and uniquely cool road trip book and a great way to start my year off in the reading department. HIGHLY recommend. Currently reading THE YEAR OF FOG (Michelle Richmond): writing, awesome; topic, unsettling. I’m having a tough time, physically and mentally, getting through it.

WHAT I’M WRITING: Revising the Mean Boys story. Some days are easy; some not. I’m still completely in love with the characters and their story so...

WHAT WORKS FOR ME: At the moment, daily accountability. I report in to a few friends on a daily basis and I don’t want to disappoint them (or myself). So far, it’s helped me make great strides this month on the WiP. *crosses fingers* it continues. J 

WHAT ELSE I’VE BEEN UP TO: Aside from reading, writing, and watching everything football and soccer? Nada mucho. The Millers have been enjoying a nice hiatus from the crazy that is typically our lives. 

What’s up on YOUR Wednesday?!

16 comments:

  1. Aww, that's good. LET'S GET LOST is on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing awesome things about LET'S GET LOST - maybe I'll try to read it this summer b/c nothing goes together like hot weather and road trip books :)

    Good luck revising and enjoy your downtime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with those revisions. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life needs down times too, so enjoy before the next crazy sets in. Good luck with revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accountability can work wonders if you're not feeling motivated or just want a reason to keep regularly writing. Good luck with your writing progress this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with the revisions! Accountability can be a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your revisions! I'm not a big fan of revisions. Unfortunately it's something all us authors have to go through until someone builds a magical revision machine. :)

    My What's Up Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm at the "most days are not" point in my writing, so I'm happy to hear that you're at least having some "on" days. Awesome that you're still so in love with the story/characters. :-) Being on hiatus from the craziness is nice, isn't it? I think that naturally happens for a lot of people after the bustle of the holiday season. I'm enjoying it too. Hope you have a wonderful week, Alison! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiatus=Awesome. It makes me happy to remember that times like that exist. Good luck with the revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Accountability is huge and makes a huge difference. Lets Get Lost sounds amazing, I'll have to add it to my list. So happy that you love your story so much, I hope to see it in print some day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I need some accountability! I'm struggling to get back into writing, I'm doing a lot of planning in my head :D

    Good luck with your revising!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Accountability is a good thing. Good luck sticking to the revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard great things about Let's Get Lost.
    I do best with accountability too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think a road trip book sounds fun! I'll add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daily accountability is SUCH a good way of doing things! I have What's Up Wednesday and a Friday e-mail check in with friends, and they really help keep me on-track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Let's Get Lost! I love road trip books, and I also loved all of the characters. I would read an entire book about each of them, if that were to happen.

    Accountability is so important! I've been making way more progress in my revision since I started sending pages to my friend to look at every week.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!