Monday, February 16, 2015

Writer Recharge Update 2




Another week down; another Writer Recharge update. It’s taken a turn for the cold and dreary in NC and, as much as I don’t want the Recharge to end, I do want an end to winter weather SOON. 

Anyhoo, here’s how I’m doing on my Writer Recharge goals…

·         WRITE/REVISE 

Get rid of twenty more comments in the doc           

            CHECK—I am officially at 40 comments left. J

Fix three huge items on the revision list           

            Um…kind of. I fixed two big items and a few small ones. It’s progress. I’ll take it.  

THIS WEEK'S GOAL: I would like to get rid of 20 more comments and fix at least five things on the revision list.

·         READ/REREAD - Read a book that's been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.  

I bought ALLEGIANT the week it hit the shelves and um…I still haven’t read it. I’m going to fix that this month.

            It’s next on the TBR. I just have to finish reading my book club read, What Alice Forgot (Liane Moriarty)

·         STRETCH - Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you're afraid of heights - that kind of thing.  

Make strides in re-teaching myself Statistics (research for the WiP). 

            CHECK—I learned all sorts of geeky and glorious things about sampling, bias, dot plots, and pie charts. I shall continue to nerdify myself with this goal in the next week. 

·         SELF - Do something good for your mind or your body.  

Go to my tap class.

            CHECK—I’m going to try to make it there this week, but I’m also hosting my IRL book club. We’ll see.  

·         CONNECT - Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work. 

This week I’m going to make it to a Twitter party. I am. I AM.

·         FUN - Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to.  

The hubs and I celebrated Valentine’s Day Vietnamese style. AWESOME cuisine. And then we went shopping at Food Lion after because that’s how we old married folks roll.  

I hope you’ve had a productive week! If you’re updating, make sure to link your post on Sara’s blog. Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Have NEVER had Vietnamese food and now am totally curious about what it is like. Maybe a post on what it is? Anyway, you are doing great! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have NEVER had Vietnamese food and now am totally curious about what it is like. Maybe a post on what it is? Anyway, you are doing great! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do a Twitter party this week too. I've been majorly slacking, and I haven't been on Twitter as much. I miss my people! Excellent job on all your progress this week. So... I'm 40 comments from getting to read, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to do a Twitter party this week myself. I've noticed others taking part, but didn't join in because it looked like there was no more room for @ handles in the tweets LOL. Seriously, there was barely room to put messages because of all the participants. :P So, yeah. We'll see how that goes this week. You're making kickass progress on your revisions. Loved that little Rick rolling snippet you sent me. If you ever need a beta reader...;-)

    Have an awesome week, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're making progress on all your goals. Keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your revision! It sounds like you're making great progress. And now I know who I can go to if I ever have a statistics question!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing GREAT! :) Like Katy, I haven't been much on Twitter. I'm trying to learn how to be a good dog mommy and have the feeling I'm kind of failing...Our poor dog has known five families in 2 years, so can't expect him to adjust in two weeks or so. I'm cheering you on for this week, Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come join us on Twitter! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you're making great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Food Lion dates sound like something my husband and I would do :)

    Good luck with your revisions this week and I hope we get to twitter party together at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely loved WHAT ALICE FORGOT. It struck me in ways I wasn't expecting. Adored it. Good luck with ALLEGIANT... my son is almost done with INSURGENT so he will be starting ALLEGIANT next week (if I can find it). And good luck revising... hope you can make it to a Twitter party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...and now I really want Vietnamese food.

    Great job on your goals this week! Hopefully you have lots more progress to report in tomorrow's post :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!