Another week down; another Writer Recharge update. It’s taken a turn for the cold and dreary in NC and, as much as I don’t want the Recharge to end, I do want an end to winter weather SOON.
Anyhoo, here’s how I’m doing on my Writer Recharge goals…
Get rid of twenty more comments in the doc
CHECK—I am officially at 40 comments left. J
Fix three huge items on the revision list
Um…kind of. I fixed two big items and a few small ones. It’s progress. I’ll take it.
THIS WEEK'S GOAL: I would like to get rid of 20 more comments and fix at least five things on the revision list.
· READ/REREAD - Read a book that's been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.
I bought ALLEGIANT the week it hit the shelves and um…I still haven’t read it. I’m going to fix that this month.
It’s next on the TBR. I just have to finish reading my book club read, What Alice Forgot (Liane Moriarty)
· STRETCH - Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you're afraid of heights - that kind of thing.
Make strides in re-teaching myself Statistics (research for the WiP).
CHECK—I learned all sorts of geeky and glorious things about sampling, bias, dot plots, and pie charts. I shall continue to nerdify myself with this goal in the next week.
· SELF - Do something good for your mind or your body.
Go to my tap class.
CHECK—I’m going to try to make it there this week, but I’m also hosting my IRL book club. We’ll see.
· CONNECT - Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work.
This week I’m going to make it to a Twitter party. I am. I AM.
· FUN - Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to.
The hubs and I celebrated Valentine’s Day Vietnamese style. AWESOME cuisine. And then we went shopping at Food Lion after because that’s how we old married folks roll.
I hope you’ve had a productive week! If you’re updating, make sure to link your post on Sara’s blog. Have a great week!