Monday, February 2, 2015

Writer Recharge!

It’s February, which means it’s time for Writer Recharge!

 

Once again hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Sara Biren, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.

This year, we’ve come up with a few categories you might want to consider when making your goals. You can choose a goal (or goals) for one or some or all and just so you have an example, I’m listing my goals below each heading in red. J

·         WRITE/REVISE – Choose writing goals for the month.

This month I want to finish revisions on the current WiP.  

For week of February 2-8: I hope to cross seven items off the revision list and get rid of 20 pesky comments in my document. 

·         READ/REREAD - Read a book that's been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you. 

I bought ALLEGIANT the week it hit the shelves and um…I still haven’t read it. I’m going to fix that this month.

·         STRETCH - Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you're afraid of heights - that kind of thing. 

Still thinking on this one. Will definitely do something outside the box!

·         SELF - Do something good for your mind or your body. 

 I’m already doing this, but I started a tap class before Christmas. I’m going to make it a goal to go each week, no matter how busy things get.

·         CONNECT - Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work. 

 The write-in thing sounds like an awesome idea. So, I’m going to try that. J

·         FUN - Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to.

a) I know you’re probably still in shock over the ALLEGIANT thing, but here’s something else I haven’t done yet: eaten at Chipotle. Making a date with the daughter to do just that.

b) Valentine’s dinner with the hubs. We don’t get many of those date nights. I’m going to make sure we have one sometime this month!

 
How Writer Recharge works:

·         First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post on the linky on Sara’s blog.

·         Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on our Monday posts.

·         Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!

·         Friday, February 27: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.

·         Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win a fabulous prize package at the end of the month.


So hope you’ll join us for a February Writer Recharge! If you do, please be sure to sign up on Sara’s blog (click HERE) once you post your goals!

12 comments:

  1. I do love Chipotle. But I was not the biggest fan of Allegiant. I am excited to hear what you think of both. And I think your goals sound fantastic and totally realistic. Good luck this month! Hit me up if you are writing during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tap class sounds awesome :)

    I've read ALLEGIANT, but never eaten at Chipotle. Hope you enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A write-in sounds fantastic! I really should take part in something like that. :-) Thanks again for co-hosting this, Alison! Just what I need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo exactly what Rebekah said: Love Chipotle, ALLEGIANT not as much as DIVERGENT, that's for sure. Toad is reading the series now. Thank you for co-hosting the Recharge again this year, Alison! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of making date night a priority. I might have to copy you on that one. And yes, PLEASE finish this revision! I'm rooting you on, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo - I am in desperate need of a recharge right now! :) This sounds great. Bring it on, February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read ALLEGIANT yet either, I need to get to it too. Very much looking forward to reading your revision so you NEED to get going :)
    Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Chipotle and no Allegiant? You're crazy! I'm curious to see what you think of Allegiant. It was my least favorite of the trilogy, but still good to wrap it up. I'm going to Chipotle on Wednesday before my pedicure :) Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of this challenge! I haven't read ALLEGIANT either, but I'm reluctant to after someone spoiled the ending for me and I've heard mixed opinions on it. Good luck with the goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to Writer Recharge, thanks for organising it. I haven't read allegiant either, mainly because I heard how it ended. I have eaten at Chipotle thought, you'll enjoy it!
    Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Alison!! so excited to be doing Writer Recharge again. I wanted to tell you that I absolutely LOVE Chipotles. I get the burrito bowl and have just about everything on it. If I could eat it every day I would but then I would need a lot more gym time! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just got a Chipotle in November, so I didn't get to have it until recently. It's really good!

    Good luck with your revisions this month!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!