Once again hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Sara Biren, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.
This year, we’ve come up with a few categories you might want to consider when making your goals. You can choose a goal (or goals) for one or some or all and just so you have an example, I’m listing my goals below each heading in red. J
· WRITE/REVISE – Choose writing goals for the month.
This month I want to finish revisions on the current WiP.
For week of February 2-8: I hope to cross seven items off the revision list and get rid of 20 pesky comments in my document.
· READ/REREAD - Read a book that's been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.
I bought ALLEGIANT the week it hit the shelves and um…I still haven’t read it. I’m going to fix that this month.
· STRETCH - Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you're afraid of heights - that kind of thing.
Still thinking on this one. Will definitely do something outside the box!
· SELF - Do something good for your mind or your body.
I’m already doing this, but I started a tap class before Christmas. I’m going to make it a goal to go each week, no matter how busy things get.
· CONNECT - Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work.
The write-in thing sounds like an awesome idea. So, I’m going to try that. J
· FUN - Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to.
a) I know you’re probably still in shock over the ALLEGIANT thing, but here’s something else I haven’t done yet: eaten at Chipotle. Making a date with the daughter to do just that.
b) Valentine’s dinner with the hubs. We don’t get many of those date nights. I’m going to make sure we have one sometime this month!
How Writer Recharge works:
· First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post on the linky on Sara’s blog.
· Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on our Monday posts.
· Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
· Friday, February 27: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
· Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win a fabulous prize package at the end of the month.
So hope you’ll join us for a February Writer Recharge! If you do, please be sure to sign up on Sara’s blog (click HERE) once you post your goals!