Monday, June 8, 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! Goal Setting!


 
We’re back! And ready for Ready. Set. WRITE! We hope you’re looking forward to another productive summer! If you’re wondering what RSW is all about, it’s a summer long writing intensive through which we write/revise/plan like crazy, cheer each other on, and hold one another accountable with weekly updates. We’ll be sharing our goals on Mondays and keeping our posts brief so we can save our words for our WiPs! J Sign up on the linky at one of the host blogs each week, and remember to hop around to encourage other participants. For more info on RSW and a link to our lovely stash of buttons, click here!
As part of Ready. Set. WRITE! Katy, Erin, Jaime, Elodie, and I will be hosting Twitter writing parties (just look for the hashtag #RSWRITE and feel free to kick-start your own too!), giving away writerly care packages in July and at the end of the summer, and… AND at the end of the summer, we’ll be rewarding ourselves with what we call “Manicures and Manuscripts.” Stay tuned for more info. We hope you’ll join us for all the things!

PS - Elodie has started a Twitter list for Ready. Set. WRITE! 2015. It's a great way to keep up with all the RSW happenings. Just let her know (@ENowodazkij) you'd like to join the list and she'll add you!
And starting next week, we’ll be updating progress and setting new goals using these headings
●How I did on last week’s goal(s) 

●My goal(s) for this week 

●A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised 

●The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc) 

●Something I love about my WIP

 BUT since today’s our kick-things-off Monday, I’m sharing my goals for next week as well as some overall dreams/wishes/hopes for my writing this summer. 

OVERALL DREAM for RSW
This summer I’ll be working on two stories. One is a total rewrite and its current title is THE STORY FORMERLY KNOWN AS CHICK MAGNET. This will be my fourth rewrite of this beast (obviously there’s still a pull and a lot of love there) so I’m really hoping the fourth time is the charm. *fingers crossed*
The other story snuck into my brain a few weeks ago and I cannot shake it. It has a title and a diverse cast I’m really excited about getting to know and um… I’ve already written a super rough query for it, which I NEVER do at the onset of a story. Anyway, I’m still not sure where the story starts, but I’m anxious to get…started on the writing. Wish me luck! J
Also, this will be the first time in a while I’ll be working on single POV stories. TSFKaCM is from a guy’s POV and my other story is from a girl’s. It will be a weird, but nice change.
And as always my stories have a bit of a sports element running through them. One’s football. One’s soccer. My two faves. Clearly I’ll be using the Women’s World Cup as research. J
GOALS FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 8th
Write 5000 words total on one or both of my stories. 

Read one book.

Exercise at least five days.
 
How about you?! Are you doing RSW?! What are your goals for the next week?
And don’t forget to sign up on the linky!

 





28 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT! :) And so excited about your rewrite and that new story of yours! Can't wait to read them<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! BACK IN THE GROOVE. Can't wait to have sprints together and hear more about your new project! (And revamped, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love that you're going to write from a girl's POV exclusively. I've never read an Alison Story like that! Best of luck with all of these goals, lady. I can't wait to hear more about the changes you're going to make to CM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your goals! I'm excited for this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Snuck in my brain' I had to smile. Stories tend to that. Go get those words this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with fna CHICK MAGNET! I'm working on a rewrite, too, and this'll be at least the third time. But, like you, I still love so much about it and can't walk away :)

    I've also got reading goals for RSW and (even though I didn't formally mention them) exercise plans.

    Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new story sounds fun! I love when they sneak into your brain like that.
    I'm looking forward to the Womens World Cup too, we're going to the England game on Tuesday. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals! It's fun when a story suddenly sneaks up on you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome goals! And love your story idea! Have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The FIFA Woman's is currently going on in my city - so soccer is everywhere. :) Let me know if I can assist with any research. ;)
    Good luck with your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your summer goals! If a story won't leave your brain, that sounds like a sign it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goals, Alison! Did writing a query before drafting the manuscript help you wrap your fingers around the story a bit more?

    Happy writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really too bad you aren't here in Alberta visiting me, what with the World Cup only an hour north of here. ;-) You and I are both on the same page with revising and re-re-re-revising a much-loved backburner project. That's what I'm doing this summer too! Hope we both finally tackle these revisions. Looking forward to writing and hosting with you again this summer, Alison! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you're dedicated for tackling a fourth rewrite! Good for you! Some stories just grab hold and won't let go. Hope you figure out where to start this SNI of yours and that everything flows from there! Have a super productive summer, Alison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those are some intense goals! Good luck! I'm looking forward to the US game tonight! I was lucky to see Abby Wambach play back when she played in college, I did soccer camp at her college. I remember thinking, "wow, she is huge!!" Did you catch the Germany game yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I really hope fourth time's a charm for you! I have one on its third rewrite so I know how one story can tug at you until you get it right. Good luck with it and with the new story idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with all of your goals. Summer is going to be busy for all of us. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there has to be a reason to keep coming back to it. Just needs the right push :) Good luck! Also I love how you added other goals, non writing ones in there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sort of working on more than one project too. Good luck with your goals, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't it fun when you get the inspiration to work on a second project but the characters haven't revealed their grand plan to you quite yet, and you have a project already in the works? May they both bring you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck on your goals this week! I'm so inspired to see so many put exercise as one of their goals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best of luck on 5K, u can do it! And I usually always write queries first, tho they r bad BAD queries, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck this summer! If you need a reader at the end of it, I'm your girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing goals, and your new story sounds intriguing and fun! Best of luck with all of the goals (I totally forgot we could do non-writing ones, haha), and thank you again for hosting RSW this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great goals! Also, Do you have your blog on bloglovin? I haven't been able to use my eamil subscriptions effectively and I am missing tons of blog posts. I am trying to switch over to bloglovin, because I have noticed that I visit a lot more blogs that way. And I want to keep following your blog! :)


    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the new things you guys have added this year, like the reward at the end and the Twitter parties. Although you might have had the Twitter parties last year when I wasn't really interested in utilizing Twitter. Ha! Looking forward to seeing the progress you make this summer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The fourth time is totally going to be the charm! :) Your goals look awesome and I like that you included a fitness goal, too. I should add one in. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!