Welcome back to another Ready. Set. WRITE! check-in! I hope you had a very productive week!
How I did on my previous goal(s):
1) Write 5K total on one or both my stories. CHECK! I added 6,944 words total to my stories.
2) Read one book. CHECK! I finished the very hilarious MODERN ROMANCE (Aziz Ansari) as well as the enjoyable IT’S NOT SUMMER WITHOUT YOU (Jenny Han)
3) Exercise at least five times this week. CHECK!
4) Do something fun with my kiddos. CHECK! The kids and I had a game night and a movie night while my husband was at a coaching clinic in Greensboro, and last Saturday the husband and I took our son out on a boat and to Beer Belly Island. Yep. It’s really called that. And for good reason. J
5) Work on and complete at least one project around the house. CHECK! The sixteen year old and I cleaned her room, cleaned out old clothes and went through last year’s book bag. I can actually see her floor now.
STRETCH GOAL: Work on the CM rewrite (the story formerly known as CHICK MAGNET) for at least TWO hours this week. CHECK! Well, it may not have been a full two hours, but I worked on it.
My goal(s) for this week
No changes in the goals this week. #ifitaintbroke…
1) Write 5K total on one or both my stories.
2) Read one book.
3) Exercise at least five times this week.
4) Do something fun with my kiddos
5) Work on and complete at least one project around the house
STRETCH GOAL: Work on the CM rewrite for at least TWO hours this week.
A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
From the CM rewrite. It’s from my favorite character, who you will probably both hate and love after this snippet, but I ADORE him.
Susan Milton turns her attention to David, but before she can say anything, he ogles her tit-to-toe with an I want to lick you for breakfast look, and says, “Howdy, darlin’. I think English just became my new favorite class.”
And from the soccer WiP. Between my MC Lexi and her “friend” Brasil. Get ready for a super rough except with a big side of CHEESE. J (and I’m still working on my Portuguese. Bear with me)
I call Brasil and explain what’s going on. He is, as always, ridiculously understanding.
“It is okay, leenda," he says. "My ball and I, we will just sleep under the stars without you.”
“I didn’t know I was sleeping over.”
“Did I say sleep? I mean practice. My English. It still needs work . . .”
I laugh. Player. “I think your brain needs work.”
He gasps, teasingly. “Yes. I think you are right, leenda. My brain does need work. As well as other parts of meu cabeça.”
His head. I’m so glad Spanish and Portuguese are so similar. “What other parts?”
“Meus olhos. They are in pain when they can’t see you.”
I roll my own eyes at his cheesy reference to them.
“E minhas orelhas. They hurt when they can’t hear you.”
I make a fake gagging noise into my phone. “Anything else?”
“Sim. Meus lábios.” His voice has dropped to almost a whisper.
“What is meus lábios?” I squeak out. I have a feeling I know. And my stomach instantly hollows.
“My lips,” he replies. “They feel painfully empty when they cannot kiss you.”
The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc)
Forks in the soccer WiP. Knowing the destination but having several ideas as to how my MC might get there.
As for my CM rewrite? One of the reasons I’ve been stalling and not doing so much with it is I have a lot of stuff I want to keep from the old script. Hard to figure out what should stay and what should go.
Something I love about my WIP
My soccer WiP is forcing me to learn Portuguese. And I LOVE it. Google Translate is my new best friend. That, and I downloaded a Portuguese dictionary and I get a word of the day and it’s just really cool. I know there are some things that won’t translate perfectly and I’ll need to rely on my native Brazilian and Portuguese friends to help me (I really hope I have some of those J) but for now, I’m learning new words and phrases and it’s fun. J
I hope you had a wonderful writing week! I can’t wait to bounce around and see how you’re doing! Don’t forget to sign up on the linky!