Monday, August 3, 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! Check In: The whomp whomp edition

 
Welcome back to another Ready. Set. WRITE! check-in! I hope you had a very productive week!
Here’s…
How I did on my previous goal(s):  

1)      Write 5K total on one or both my stories. Fail L I added 2912 words total to my stories. 

2)      Read one book. CHECK! I finished a pretty exceptional MG in verse, THE CROSSOVER (Kwame Alexander) and I also read the enjoyable and fast read WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE SUMMER (Jenny Han) 

3)      Exercise at least five times this week. CHECK!

4)      Do something fun with my kiddos. CHECK! Saw The Minion Movie and it was predictably adorable. 

5)      Work on and complete at least one project around the house. IN PROGRESS Cleaning out the downstairs bathroom. Purged hair accessories and makeup from eight years ago. Good times. 

STRETCH GOAL: Work on the CM rewrite (the story formerly known as CHICK MAGNET) for at least TWO hours this week. Fail L

 My goal(s) for this week 

Let’s see if I can do a little better in the writing spectrum this week…

1)      Write 5K total on one or both my stories.

2)      Read one book.

3)      Exercise at least five times this week.

4)      Do something fun with my kiddos

5)      Work on and complete at least one project around the house

STRETCH GOAL: Work on the CM rewrite for at least TWO hours this week. 

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:

Messy. I would like to say that my story is a hot mess, but I wouldn’t give it that. Lukewarm, maybe.  But not hot. *sigh*

The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc) 

Motivation. I wrote two out of seven days which is very abnormal for me. L I had a lot going on, but I always have a lot going on. Hopefully next week will be better.  

Something I love about my WIP 

Despite the messy state of my WiPs and the underachieving word count issues, my mind is still thinking about my characters and my stories and I’m still pretty much in love so…
 

Before I go back to trying to be semi-productive, we have another giveaway for you! This one from the all-too-fabulous Erin! Check out the awesome…

 

● “Embrace the Journey” journal with cork cover

● “Enjoy the Little Things” notepad

● Ink Joy mini pens

● 2 pack of “Write On!” mini notebooks

● Scrabble pencils that say: jot, note, write, create, compose, and inscribe

● “Do One Thing Every Day That Makes You Happy” pencil case

● 2 packs of paperclips shaped like rabbits and crocodiles

● manicure kit

● Eos Fresh Flowers hand lotion

● Revlon Fashionista nail polish (teal)

● David’s PomTango tea  (makes 34 oz.)

● Strawberry Fusion TicTacs

● Cadbury Jelly Popping Candy chocolate bar

● Trident Very Berry gum

 
 

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Don’t forget to enter via the Rafflecopter and sign up on the linky! Hopefully you’re having a better writing week than me!

 






17 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT! I am going to check that Excel spreadsheet daily :) And I'm going to be online if you need some cheering or accountability! And you did great on all of your goals so don't be too hard on yourself <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great last week. I have the Jenny Han Summer trilogy but haven't read it yet. What did you you think of it? Good luck this week you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For writing only 2 days, that was a very impressive number this week! And kudos for tossing old makeup and hair stuff. I'm such a pack rat, that would give me heart palpitations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Lukewarm mess? Sounds like something I'm writing. :-) You did awesome this last week, lady, even if you didn't hit 5K. Best of luck getting there in the coming week, though. You know where to find me if you need a writing buddy during the day. (Also, I feel like we need a catch-up email soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Jenny Han's Summer I Turned Pretty series has been on my TBR for a while - glad to hear you enjoyed it! And we all have weeks where there's a TON going on and motivation is a struggle. But you still wrote almost 3K! I'd say that's a victory. :)

    Happy writing this week, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it can be disappointing when we set goals for ourselves and then don't meet them, but you still got almost 3000 words! That's awesome! You'll get there this week. I just know it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Christina June, you only wrote two days but you still got almost 3,000 words out of it! That's really good going, even if you didn't make your goal! Plus, you did brilliantly with all your others goals, especially cleaning bathrooms is always a special kind of pain.

    Good luck with this week, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only writing two days and still getting close to 3,000 words is great! Hopefully this week will be less hectic and you can get more writing in. But you're rocking all of your other goals. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You still got in some words, so chin up! (Lol, I sound like an old British person). I've definitely had my bad weeks and my good weeks both during RSW.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, let's get something straight here, girl. Not meeting your goals isn't the same as failing! You still got 2912 words down and that's good progress. Like you said, writing 2 out of 7 days isn't the norm for you, so keep in mind that your usual discipline probably earned you a few extra days off! And maybe your brain needed some time to mull over your WIPs. It's great that you're so in love with your characters and stories, so keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Motivation is a tricky beast. Even if you only wrote for two days, at least they were very good writing days! Nearly 3,000 words, that's nothing to sneeze at! Good luck on your goals this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with this week's goals! I've found that when I'm not motivated to write, getting out of the house to write elsewhere does wonders. It can be a library, a coffeeshop, anyplace besides the same four walls. I know I went there to write, so I'm kind of forced to be more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on getting so much done! I'm finding these last weeks before school starting harsh on the writing end - so much going on. Some weeks we're just more inspired than others, so no worries! Good luck this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Lukewarm mess" pretty much sums up the book I'm editing. :p You can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha a lukewarm mess is better than a cold mess, right? Some weeks are like that but it's all part of the process, at least that's what I tell myself...Hope you have a hotter week (and if you are working on the story with Brasil I don't think that will be a problem ;))!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lukewarm mess sounds like SFLN right now. And even if you're not physically working, if you're thinking about it, it still counts. Good luck on your goals this week. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You added nearly 3000 words, that's pretty darn awesome. Plus, you cleaned out a bathroom and hair accessories are tricky - I suspect that the next time I move I'll find rogue rubberbands under every piece of furniture.

    Hope you have a fun week :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!